Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returns

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Pls advise whether the solutions are appropriate for the scenario below. If not, any other solutions? Thx.

Scenario: Outbound delivery has been PGI (10 ton) while invoice has not been created. The customer returns 1 ton. And this return may happen cross months.

Solution A: for the delivery, cancel PGI, change delivery qty to 9 ton, PGI, create invoice. For the returns 1 ton, use movement type to change the stock status, for e.g., change it from unrestricted to returns.

Solution B: create invoice (10 ton), create returns order & returns delivery (1 ton) but not create C/M, create a free of charge order & free of charge delivery (1 ton) but not create invoice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need to generate excise invoice, then it is not enough if you reverse PGI via VL09 and change the quantity but also it should be deleted and create a fresh delivery. This is due to the fact, for the reversed delivery document, again you cannot create an excise invoice.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy,

My suggestion is go for Solution A.

Because invoice not at created ,so you can do the reverse PGI for that delivery,

Change the quantity from 10 ton to 9 ton agian do the PGI then do the invoice.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

I think, you should Invoice the Customer for 10 Tons.

Subsequently with reference to Invoice (10 Tons) create a Returns Order (Order type RE) for 1 Ton with required Pricing & then Create a Delivery (post Goods Receipt) for 1 ton.

Afterwards raise a Credit Memo to the Customer for required value.

This will ultimately debit the Customer Account by the value of the 9 tons of goods.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta