cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZEBRA P4T SAPscript SO10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody have standard text as viewed in SO10 that was genrated from ZEBRA

Designer Label Design Software for mySAP Business Suite.

I used sample label code of ZPLII directly but it seems something more is needed that is either an escape sequence or that identifies which ZEBRA printer is being used.

/E LABEL

/* XAPRB^XZ

/ ^XA

/ ^LH360,30

/ FO20,10AFFDZEBRAFS

/ FO20,60B3FDAAA001FS

/ ^POI

/ ^PQ2

/ ^XB

/ ^XZ

/* 40 CHAPTER 4

/* ZPL II Programming Exercises

/*

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of the most important thing for a zebra printer is that the zebra printer is installed correctly (drivers etc.). I cannot say if your code is correct, but when it is correct ZPL|| code and the printer receives it like that then there will be printed correctly.

Do you havean administrator how can catch the data which is sent to the printer just before it arrives there and is able to put that in an local file or print it on a normal printer. You can see then if the ZPL|| code which arrives at the Zebra printer is correct.

Below i've given some code from an SAP-script which works. may be you can try it. Do you need another info you can ask.

suc6, Frank

/E VOORBLAD

/ ^XA

/ ^MMT

/ ^LH0,006

/ ^XZ

/ ^XA

/ ^PON

/ ^PMN

/ ^LRN

/ ^PR3

/ FO8,30A0N,27,34FDFiliaalFS

/ FO200,50A0N,109,113FDXXXXXXXXXXXFS

/ ^XZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

For BarTender the drive for P4T printer is not yet available.

Both BarTender & Zebra Label Designer for my SAP will NOT generate SAPscript ITF format file until you buy license.

I do not like that as I want to see output from SAP before I buy software.

This is why I was trying to get ZPLii coded standard text.

Unfortunately, I could not get your sample standard text to work and this could be result of driver mismatch for the specific Zebra P4T printer.

There is now a Zebra RP4T that is completely wireless.

Just to recap, my "test" is printing from SO10 standard text to printer. If I can get that to work I do not think I would even bother with any label software as my label requirements are limited now to less that five label templates/formats.

Thanks anyway for your response.

I was attempting to confirm that there is nothing in the SAPscript that is driver specific which I think is always true.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have worked with that zebra designer. With that one i could also make sapscript-code with ZPLII statements. This statements yoyu have to copy & paste into your sapscript. Change the varibels to the one you use and it is ready.

But i have also worked with an older designer of zebra B1MySap.exe. This thing does also the same, but easier to uinderstand. Maybe you can install and use that program to create some sapscript ZPLII statements.

To print SO10 text with zebra you have to read your text manually in a string which you print with

zplII. You must position everyline manually. You can read SO10 textlines with fucntion module READ_TEXT.

Gr., Frank

klaki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

why don't you try to use Smartforms instead of SAPScript?

There are some SAPNotes concerning ZEBRA printers and the usage of Smartforms!

It works fine, as soon as you are familiar with the technique and you can even print barcodes using

the new barcode technology!

Cheers

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do use SMARTFORMS but I use Include text that is standard text that would normally be uploaded from itf file created by label software using SO10 feature. Most label vendors still refer to this process as loading labels to SAPscript.

Now I need to know how to refer to a variable.

Example 1: Intermec lets you replace the hardcoded data with variable according to SAP scripting syntax.

<STX><ESC>F0<DEL>&TANUM&<ETX>

Example 2: O'Neil requires that the variable be placed between pipes that are used rather than "," comma.

@740,30:MF055|&DATUM&|@740,420:MF055|&BNAME&|@740,750:MF055|&TEST&|}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i don't really quite sure i do understand your problem. But I think you need to know how to print variables imbedded in a string with other text or variables.

maybe example below does help

/ FO200,50A0N,109,113FDthis is an example &DATUM& blablablaFS

Gr., Frank

Answers (0)