cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query realted to IDOC packaging in case of IDOC-SAPPI- FILE scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement related to IDOC packaging, i.e. SAP ECC -SAP PI - FTP server.

I have done the following settings:

1) In WE20, I put the partner profile settings to collect mode.

2) I am using RSEOUT00 to trigger the collected IDOCs for example 2 idocs together.

3) In SAP PI, I have done the following settings

a) I added the the parameter in sxmb-adm, RUNTIME , PACKAGING & Value 1

b) I have used IDXPW t-code to activate the message packages for IDOC

c) I run the job through sxmb_adm t-code, configure event driven message filtering

d) I exported the xsd of ORDERS05 and changed occurence of source structure to 0 to Unbounded and imported it in Integration Repository.

e) I am not using mapping & interface mapping as I just want to post the IDOC structure as it to the receiving FTP server. Therefore when I changed the occurence of ORDERS05 xsd to 0 to unbounded my idea was that in the outbound message interface it will be reflected which will be ultimately reflected in Integration directory.

Problem Details:

When I test for the 2 PO idoc from SAP ECC, it generates 2 messages in SAP PI and also 2 files in FTP server but actually it should generate one output file containing both the IDOC details.

Note: I am just trying to merge 2 idocs of PO as IDOC package into one output message.

Can anybody what configuration settings I am missing for the packaging.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if you have followed these steps

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/99/2653429392ab53e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

more links

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/12/02/xipi-sender-idoc-adapter-packaging

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have already seen these blogs before.

Please suggest the concrete answers to my queries.

Please suggest what all configuration steps I am missing or what all configuration steps required for using the IDOC packaging concepts in the case of SAP ECC -SAP PI - File server.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody suggest the IDOC packaging configurations steps or what I am missing in the configuration steps.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

If you are using PI 7.0 EHp1 or PI 7.1 Ehp1, you can configure packaging parameter and create single file for multiple idocs without using BPM.

In other case, you have to use BPM.

But recommended approach would be to create XML file port on SAP ECC and create IDOC XML file.

You must have set collect IDOCs option in partner profile.

Now you can execute RSEOUT00 report program and specify IDOC type and number IDOCs to be collected.

This configuration will generate IDOC XML file for number IDOCs you specified in RSEOUT00 report program.

In PI you can use File adapter to pick the file.

Here is the nice blog explaining entire process:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Best Regards,

Divyesh