cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service For a Standard BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am using a standard web service for a standard SAP BAPI called BAPI_INQUIRY_CREATEFROMDATA2.

Now i want to change the web service parameters.

Is it feasible to change the parameters. For eg, change the name of the parameter for a standard web service defined by SAP. ?

If yes,

How can i do it?

Please mention me exact steps where in se80 i can find out the enterprise service for that standard bapi?

I am using SAP ECC 6.0. Please me the exact steps on how i can do the above mentioned things.

Thnks a ton for your help.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh

We have a similar scenario where I had to do some modification to the existing standard BAPIS like 'BAPI_QUOTATION_CREATEFROMDATA2'.

To achieve what you are trying to achieve, I created another custom BAPI that inturn calls the standard BAPI 'BAPI_QUOTATION_CREATEFROMDATA2' with import, export and tables parameters exactly the same as the Standard BAPI.

Where ever I need modifications to the parameters, I do that in my custom BAPI.

I don't know if this answers your question.

However, I have another question for you.

You have mentioned that you are using standard web services. What do you mean by that. Because, I am creaating my own web services even for the standard BAPIs that are available. I don't know if I am wasting my time by creating web services for BAPIs that are already supplied by SAP. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ram

Edited by: Ram Prasad on Apr 15, 2009 7:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you are talking about (I think) is enhancing an enterprise web service. There are a couple of ways to do it, but involves making a change in the SLD, enhancing the data type in the ESR, implementing the proxy for that data type, and then making a change to the BADI. I have a question out right now about determining what BADI needs to get adjusted so I cant answer the last part.

Another option is like what the previous poster mentioned. You could wrap a new bapi/function around the existing one and work with it from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any answers