cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM -INSPECTION TYPES 03 & 04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I want to inspect a semifinished product both in the inprocess stage & after the processing completion. Now in MMO1 I have to activate both 03 & 04 inspection types. Which inspection type I have to mark as preferred inspection type because during inprocess checking I have to mark 03 as the preferred inspection type and once inprocess checking is over I shall have to again go to MMO2 and change 04 as the preferred inspection type. Every now and then shall I have to frequently change the preferred inspection types between 03 & 04.Please guide.

Selva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor

Dear Selva

Let me explain to you in detail the business process and the relevance of 03 inspection 7 04 inspection

1)Suppose you have a product A and routing of this product A be like this

0010 Forming > 0020 u2013 Winding > 0030 Testing > 0040 Assembling > 0050 Final Finishing

2) In a normal production process suppose you have a production order of 100 for product A

3) Now during the production process you need to confirm each operation through CO11N what was the yield, rework, scrap, activity time taken etc.

4) Once all the operation are confirmed the production order is GRu2019ed and this product A goes to quality stock for 04 inspections. 04 inspections is always considered as Final inspection. 04 inspection is triggeref when GR of the production order is done

5) 0030 operation being a inprocess inspection in the above production process quality personnel doesnu2019t have any control over anything. That is wherer 03 inspection type helps a lot in having control over the confirmation process.

6) By activating 03 inspection as the Production order is released inspection lot is created. quality personnel can do not only result recording but also confirmation of the quantity thereby giving him the control over the production quantity.

7) Also quality personal can do the testing partially and record result multiple times and confirm partially

😎 Please note the partial quantity pop up which you get while result recording is just an information purpose recording. By entering any values it is not at all related to any quantity confirmation

9 ) To bring the confirmation pop up in QA32 you will have to do

a) In Routing at Operation level maintain a QM work center ( testing ) with Control key QM04

b) double click on the control key and go to Quality Management : Inspection points

c) Maintain Inspection point completion : Quantity , Valuation and confirmation

10 ) For a better control over the 03 inspection these setting have to be defined in PP configuration for production order Type in Tcode OPK4 in config

SPRO > Production> Shop floor control> confirmation> define confirmation parameters

Maintain

1)Operation sequence u2013 error when order sequence is not adhered to

2) Overdeilvery u2013 Error when over delivery tolerance is exceeded

3) Results Rec. (QM)- Error message if no Insp results exist

So what these setting helps is that

1)All operation has to be confirmed operation wise means 0010 has to be confirmed for confirming 0020 operation. SO production guys can only confirm 0040 operation only after 0030 operation is confimed by quality personal.

2)Overdeilvery is not allowed means of in 0030 operation if only 50 quantity is confirmed in 0040 operation only 50 can be confirmed. Production people cannot confirm more than 50 quantities

3)Also PP personal cannot confirm operation 0030 through C011N till the result recording of that operation is done through QA32.

Hope this gives a good idea of 03 inspection

Please let me know if you have any further clarification required

Regards

gajesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh

Really thankful to you for the great efforts you take to explain me. I shall try to digest the same,understand and revert back.

Thanks a lot

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajesh & Nehal

But Gajesh please refer to my previous thread

Here you guided me as follows :

" At transaction level

1) create order co01, release and save . lot will be created.

2) Do the opertion confirmation if there is any operation mentioned in the routing before the qm operation

3) go to qa32.> result > you will get a pop of all the operation with yellow traingle mentioning QM is active in that operation. double click on the QM operation

4) pop will come for entering parial quantity, date time

5)enter the details, do the result recording

6) save, pop will come for confirmation of quantity"

so I have to create a production order and release it, lot will be created. Then you asked me to do operation confirmation . But here you mentioned that for 03 only release of purchase order and for 04 type release of PO, followed by confirmation, followed by GR (MIGO) for lot creation.But anyway lot is created once PO is released and saved for 03 type inspection.

So little bit confusion. whether for 03 type inspection PO has to be confirmed using CO11N or not.Once lot is created why can"t I go directly for QA32 --> results recording

please clarify.

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nehal & Gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Selva

Nehal has explained it very well. there will be never clash between 03 & 04 inspection

03 is triggered when production order is released

04 is triggered when production order is confirmed and GR takes place.

If during production order release 03 and 04 inspection lot is getting created then in mm02 > qm view> inspection setup>04> inspection control> Early inspection lot for order. Change this and then the lot will not get created based on the release

Regards

gajesh

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Selva - Let me clear first that if you have more than one inspection type activated in material master of same inspection lot origin then you need to select indicator of prefered inspection type. So system would be not confuse at the time of creating inspection lot to pick correct inspection type.

In your case 03 and 04 both are from different origin and they will create inspection lot for different purpose at different time. So just you have to activate both inspection type in material master of QM view, as per me no need to select prefered inspection type from both of them.

If you want more clarity on this please go through on following link.

[Link1|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/2d/351a26448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm]

[Link2|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/be/00bbd8ca5311d2961800a0c930e04c/frameset.htm]

Folks - let me correct if I am wrong.

Thanks!!!