cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP program generation after tp import

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a transport was imported successfully into production the program screen did not look the same as in non-production. To correct - the code was regenerated manually. I thought the tp import did this for you? Whan I look at the log I see:

Generation of programs and screens for transport request DV4K220113

on application server er3db04

Only generates programs with LOAD versions

Program ZHELP successfully generated

Database COMMIT executed

Generation of programs and screens

End date and time : 20090220094647

Ended with return code: ===> 0 <===

Any ideas whay a manual regen was necessary? Thanks all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

It is always not recommended to transport changes into Production system when users are working with the objects you are trying to change with the help of transport. This will cause in version mismatch and lead to some inconsistencies. This can also lead to LOAD_PROGRAM_LOST kind of dumps in the system.

I guess the problem would have occured in the application servers since the buffers would have not been synchronized with the Central instance. To avoid these kind of circumstances you can transport important changes into Production during off peak hours or regenerate the program or sync the buffers between the application servers. Synchronizing the buffers should be done in the off peak hours while doing this the other application servers (if you have 2 or 3 application servers) which does not have the buffer problems should be down.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was thinking something w/ buffers - but then when I regen'd manually the code was fine - so not sure if that is the case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

There should have been some version mismatch which made the screen look different from the other systems. Did you check the version of the program before regenerating the program manually?

Did you get dump or system logs related to this? Any swaps in Program buffer?

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should have been some version mismatch which made the screen look different from the other systems. Did you check the version of the program before regenerating the program manually? Yes - but there is only one version in the production system.

Did you get dump or system logs related to this? No

Any swaps in Program buffer? There are many.. over 50K and looking at the contnts the program is in there.

Answers (0)