cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a project and network structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a problem in copying the project.

I am using Investment management. After approval of the project I'm activating the measure at the time of activating the WBSE there is an option of copying the operative project or std. project, when I mention the operative project in copy filed and save, the project structure upto WBSE levels are copying. Upto this it is fine.

The networks are not copying by this method. I'm trying to create a network with reference network. Its copying that particular network along with the relationships within the same network.

But my problem is we are using PS for R&D projects and all the projects are having similar structure, so i want to copy the whole project structure mainly the relationships of other networks also.

I tried using CJ2D, here I can only cerate a new project without investment management. Here when i create a project with reference to another project the system copies everything like all level WBSE and Network activities with all relationships I mentioned in the earlier networks. Actually this is the requirement I'm looking at. But I'm not able to get this done when I'm using investment management.

Can anyone please help me in sorting out this issue.

My major problem is R&D project contains so many activities and with lot of relationships within the network and also with other network activates. And we will be having nearly 100 projects per year and creating the same kind of networks every time is a very huge task.

Please some one through lights on this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

You are executing this procedure through Appropriation Request, correct?

I suggest that You make of the following form:

1- In the Appropriation Request Activate the "Project Definition"

2- Go the tcode CJ20N, in the "Template Area" insert the Standard Template WBS or Operative Template WBS desired , drag for the "Project Definition".

3- In the Top WBS Element assign the Investment Program and ID Position, configure the fields as "required entry".

Regards

Elza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elza,

Thanks for your inputs, really helpful.

I follwed like this, activated the project deifinition in appropriate request saved it. Then in CJ20N I opened the project and in template area I have opened the operative project's level 1 WBSE element and dragged the same to the new project definition, system copied everything from the operative proejct structure all WBSE and the network activities with the relationships as such.

But I have one more doubt. What happens to the link between the Appropriation Request and the Project? Like when I used to activate the proejct definition and create a project from appropriation request there is link between the approriation request ans the project and copies the planned values to the project, and also controls the budget values w.r.t the project.

But what happens in this case? how the link is established and the budget is controlled? Can you please clarify this also?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Praveen.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done it.

After creation of the project with copying from operative project, I have saved it and I mentioned the level 1 WBSE in appropriation request measure tab manually.

Here the plan values from appropriation request doesnu2019t copy to the project. At the time of budget distribution to the project in IM52 we cannot copy the value using copy view. We have to manually give the amount.

And also the dates for the level 1 WBSE we have to mention manually.

But the budget get controlled through the same appropriation request budget.

Problem solved.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that there are previous year project codes that have not been carried forward into 2009 CIP.

When you run transaction IM52 for Home Services 2009 and select " carried fwd measures" button as well as "supplements" you will see that there are no project codes apart from the English Regions codes.

As the result we cannot supplement any previous year projects

With regards,

v.k