cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

application server files location

Former Member
0 Kudos

hie guys, i'm an ABAPER, i need to run a report that picks up a particular file, but the file has to be located on the application server in a certain folder that has application server files . so the parameter for the report has to be something like this "
umdev\upload.txt" where can i place it in order to pick it up with that path?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use transaction FILE to define a logical path.

Define the logical path to use a physical path on the CI server (because it is a SPOF).

This physical path must be shared to be defined like

<P=SAPMSHOST>\shared_directory.

Using this technique, your abap program ca nrun on any of the CI or DI servers and be abla to access the file.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

hie olivier, could you please elaborate a bit futher, i managed to create a logical file path named "Home" in the Assignment of physical path to Logical path, for Logical file defination = IDUN000(RFBIBL00), for Defination of variables i put FILENAME = filename then for Syntax groupDefination = Windows NT and Assignment of Operating System to Syntax group = Windows NT

and the syntax group = Windows NT

wat is the next step after this?

Edited by: Daniel T nehanda on Feb 21, 2009 4:15 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I was searching through I found few location for application server.Remebring you need I thought it might be helpful to you.Have a look.

rslg/local/file:Specifies the location of the local log on the application server.

/usr/sap/<SID>/D20/log/SLOG<SAP-instance_number>

rslg/collect_daemon/host: Specifies the application server that maintains the central log. <hostname of main instance>

rslg/central/file: Specifies the location of the active file for the central log on the application server. /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/SLOGJ

rslg/central/old_file: Specifies the location of the old file for the central log on the application server. /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/SLOGJO

rslg/max_diskspace_local :Specifies the maximum length of the local log. 500,000 bytes

rslg/max_diskspace_central: Specifies the maximum length of the central log.

2,000,000 bytes

Have a best day ahead.