cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain mulitple versions of universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning multiple projects related to BO reports and each project is going in different time.

How to maintain 2 versions of Universe, when we migrate universe for the Project 1 which is going ahead of the Project 2, I don't want to show the Classess, Objects of Project 2.

Currently I am hiding the classess which goes later. But is there any feature in BO to maintain multiple versions.

I am thinking of maintaining a good documentation on what am I adding, modifying, deleting for the project 2 and apply those changes to Project 1 related Universe and deploy when we migrate the universe for Project 2.

But, I see lot of work will be duplicated as well as lot of documentation, and overtime it becomes a night mare.

Anybody was in similar situation, and how did you handle it.

Currently we are using BO XI R2, and planning to migrate to XI 3.0 in near future.

Anybody know BO has any best practices document on this kind of situation ?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you are talking about versioing , starting form XI 3.1 SAP business objects released the BusinessObjects LifeCycle Manager for XI 3.1

find more details here

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi31_LCM_User_en.pdf

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to maittain different version in XIR2?

Answers (0)