cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New versions (7.6.06.03 & 7.7.06.09) now available!

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

starting today, MaxDB versions 7.6.06.03 and 7.7.06.09 can be downloaded from the [MaxDB Download Area|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/maxdb-downloads].

Here's a [blog|/people/joerg.hoffmeister/blog/2009/02/20/sap-maxdb-760603-770609--new-downloads-available] anouncing the new versions.

Enjoy!

Regards,

Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear experts,

does any body know a reference to the latest supported version of MaxDB for SAP Content Server 6.40?

Regards,

Arturo

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sure - check the PAM [https://service.sap.com/pam].

For Content Server 6.40 the latest MaxDB version you can use is MaxDB 7.6.

This includes the current patch 7.6.06 and all patches for 7.6 that will be released later on.

Since there is no benefit for content server users in using MaxDB 7.7 instead of 7.6 - just stick with 7.6.

regards,

Lars

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Arturo,

just adding to Lars' comment above:

please don't use the Community Edition MaxDB packages for your SAP solutions. You should use the packages available on the SAP Software Distribution Center for SAP solutions.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Lars and Roland for your very helpful tipps!

I found that the latest available version for SAP Solutions was 7.6.05.15

I could succesfully update my Databases following this path:

7.3.00.62 --> 7.6.00.35 --> 7.6.05.15

I don't know if it is possible to update directly from 7.3.00.62 to 7.6.05.15. Since I had no time to test it, I choosed the long way. Is this really possible?

Now I am looking at other DB's that I have to update. Some of them are running with the version 7.3.00.20. Since the Upgrade to 7.6.00.35 has as prerequisite the version 7.6.00.25, which should be the recommended path for an update from 7.3.00.20 to 7.6.05.15?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Arturo

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I don't know if it is possible to update directly from 7.3.00.62 to 7.6.05.15. Since I had no time to test it, I choosed the long way. Is this really possible?

Yes, that's perfectly possible.

It's just that the upgrade medium which you can download for the upgrade from 7.3 to 7.6 is build with version 7.6. Build 35.

You could e.g. replace the installation files on this medium with the current patch and the upgrade should still work.

> Now I am looking at other DB's that I have to update. Some of them are running with the version 7.3.00.20. Since the Upgrade to 7.6.00.35 has as prerequisite the version 7.6.00.25, which should be the recommended path for an update from 7.3.00.20 to 7.6.05.15?

This is pretty straight forward.

Install the latest 7.3 patch you can get for your platform. On Windows this is Build 62 on other platforms it may be a little bit older patch.

When everything worked fine with the installation of this last 7.3 patch, then there shouldn't be any issues during the upgrade to 7.6.05.

Be aware that the big step is just the step from a 7.3 to a 7.6 version.

All the patch installations, that is when the first two numbers (7.3 or 7.6) stay the same, are usually done really quickly.

In general I would recommend to install the latest patch before any kind of upgrade or migration - just to be sure to avoid all known/fixed errors there are.

regards,

Lars

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I don't know if it is possible to update directly from 7.3.00.62 to 7.6.05.15. Since I had no time to test it, I choosed the long way. Is this really possible?

Yes, that's perfectly possible.

It's just that the upgrade medium which you can download for the upgrade from 7.3 to 7.6 is build with version 7.6. Build 35.

You could e.g. replace the installation files on this medium with the current patch and the upgrade should still work.

> Now I am looking at other DB's that I have to update. Some of them are running with the version 7.3.00.20. Since the Upgrade to 7.6.00.35 has as prerequisite the version 7.6.00.25, which should be the recommended path for an update from 7.3.00.20 to 7.6.05.15?

This is pretty straight forward.

Install the latest 7.3 patch you can get for your platform. On Windows this is Build 62 on other platforms it may be a little bit older patch.

When everything worked fine with the installation of this last 7.3 patch, then there shouldn't be any issues during the upgrade to 7.6.05.

Be aware that the big step is just the step from a 7.3 to a 7.6 version.

All the patch installations, that is when the first two numbers (7.3 or 7.6) stay the same, are usually done really quickly.

In general I would recommend to install the latest patch before any kind of upgrade or migration - just to be sure to avoid all known/fixed errors there are.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I tried to install/upgrade new version, but I had an error on a step Database Kernel "mutation of file ... . pdb". After it version 7.6.05 were installed clearly.

Do you know something about it?

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi VJ S,

I suggest you open a new thread for your issue and post the relevant parts of the upgrade logfile there.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

I deleted MaxDB fully (registry, HDD) and tried to install like a new DB, but all the same i had that error.

Best wishes, VJS

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VJS,

you may want to do what Roland already proposed: open a new thread for this issue.

Anyhow - try and download the installation package again.

Looks like the installation files are not what they should be.

regards,

Lars

simon_matter
Participant
0 Kudos

Cool! Thanks to SAP for still providing a MaxDB community version.

Is there any reason for us to stick with 7.6 now that 7.7 is available?

If 7.7 is considered stable (which seems to be the case) we will upgrade soon.

Regards,

Simon

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

when used in a non-SAP environment/application; I don't see any reason why you should not goto version 7.7. Stability should be at least on 7.6 level, or even better.

Ofcourse, as in SAP environments, we recommend to first upgrade test-systems.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the new versions.

The blog tells about

The packages are accompanied by the 7.7.06.09 version of our Database Studio, also with extended functionality.

Is there a "What's New" section for the extended functionality/features of Database Studio anywhere?

(I've been looking around, but did not find any hints)

Best regards

Harald.

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

oh, almost forgot to answer you regarding the 'What's new' question for the new Database Studio version.

We're currently working on feature lists for the various Database Studio versions, as long as that list has not been finished I can only point you to our WebPTS' [My Release Notes|http://maxdb.sap.com/webpts].

Regards,

Roland