cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use actions to trigger workflows in Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm currently testing the functionality to trigger a workflow out of a Service Desk action instead of a notification. I try to realize this by using the processing type "Workflow" in the action definition.

When defining the processing type, it is possible to choose "Create template", which lets me create a workflow template. But after having created one, it is not possible to assign this template to the processing type. Whenever I try this, the error message

The assigned BOR object type BUS2000116 is not used in any workflows

is given. The template I created, has BUS2000116 with event CREATED as triggering event, so the workflow should be found, I think.

Is there another place where the business object needs to be assigned in the workflow, so that I'm able to find the template here?

Answers will be rewarded. Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Emanuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emanuel,

When we specify any task in an activity.We create a task a new window is displayed where you can give your task number give abbrivative and release status.Object category is the BOR type and the object type is the task you created.And method you can choose from f4 help then the prompt for the transfer missing type click yes .We can also pass the material from the run time in work item text.Then click on additional data choose assignment and give the task as general or specicfic according to you scenarion.click back and ok.The binding should show green marks.Hope it might be help to you.

Have a best day ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, the problem is solved. I had to mark the business object in the container as import parameter. By this, the workflow could be selected in action processing.

Answers (0)