Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple but complete PI/XI scenario

former_member198060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have just started learning about PI/XI. Now I have access to a PI 7.1 system and would like to start "learning by doing" instead of just reading about stuff.

I would like to start with something simple like a file to mail scenario where I am just collecting a file via FTP and then forward it to an email address.

Unfortunatelly I couldn't find a tutorial that covers every neccessary step involved in that scenario. If someone here has such an article and could provide a link to me, that would be great. Other hints are welcome too.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the PI world...

Learning by doing is the best way to learn PI. I dont think there are any step by step explanation for any scenario in PI7.1. ( for PI 7.0 and XI 3.0 , you have plenty )

Check of the following blogs of the scenario links :

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Check the following document for the Terminology changed between old versions and PI7.1

https://bond.newellco.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/6d/177ed657e248d78e8add48d2ecc135/,DanaInfo=hel...

Also, if you stuck anywhere, then, we all are here to help you.

Best of Luck.

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

I am very keen to look into the given URL to know the diffirences between 7.0 & 7.1 but when i tried to access the URL it's prompting for credentials

Check the following document for the Terminology changed between old versions and PI7.1

https://bond.newellco.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/6d/177ed657e248d78e8add48d2ecc135/,DanaInfo=hel...

Please help with this issue.

Thanks

Sekhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr.Peter,

Pooja was right.Its good that you have PI7.1 acess.There are lot of differences between XI and PI including screens,as you know PI is more like SOA based .So it speaks every thing interms of Proces,Services,ESR,Registry...etc.,Make a good study the scenarios so that you get use to Integration scenario design ,Once you done with that try to relate the options in PI (eg., MessageInterface in PI is now Service Interface ,)..SLowly go ahead.Refer the following Wiki which guides you to the Basic to advanced scenarios.Go navigate the child nodes in the WIKI too.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/step-by-step+guides

'All the very Best '

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

everything remains the same in PI 7.0 and PI 7.1

except for the fact tht the terminologies have changed in PI 7.1

your message interface is now service interface, mapping is operation mapping etc etc...

so you can refer to the PI 7.0 step by step interface configuration guides.

For the new features in PI 7.1 this blog should be helpful:

/people/peter.gutsche/blog/2008/10/27/what146s-new-in-sap-netweaver-pi-71

Thanks,

Hetal