cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment update for shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP SRM only does budget check for shopping carts, but it doesn't post to funds management after the shopping cart's creation and approval. Our client requirement is to update commitment in funds management just after the approval of the shopping cart, just like purchase requisitions of MM does. Does anybody have passed through this problem? How can I solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Cristiano Soares

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I apply for commitment update after the creation of the shopping cart, I won't be able to relate this commitment to a PO that will be created in a later time.

All POs will be created from Bidding Engine. If I create a PR when saving the shopping cart, I'll have to create the PO with reference to this PR and I'm not sure that I'll have the PR number from backend at the exact time that I'm creating the PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, I am missing something.

If SRM SC creates a commitment, and then goes to Bidding Engine where a PO is created, you can get the link from PO to SRM SC to get the commitment link.

Your SC goes to a R/3 PR (or RS or PO) or to Sourcing Cockpit, not both.

The only (crazy) possibility for this is the path SRM SC --> R/3 PR --> SRM SC (external requirement) --> SOCO --> R/3 PO.

In that case last PO is linked to R/3 PR, so no problem.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that the best approach is to create a commitment from SC and then get it's link when creating the PO.

The other solution of creating the PR, for sure is a crazy one

Thanks for your fast answers!

Regards,

Cristiano Soares

former_member186144
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue in our project here. The client require us to create commitment once the SC is created. I have read your posts, this is what I understand from the posts:

a. During SC creation, using BAdi we can trigger META_ACC_PURCHASE_ORDER_POST to send idoc to create commitment in R/3 (somehow we need to mark the commitment in R/3 that it is coming from a particular Shopping Cart),

b. When PO is created, there will be a link between SC and PO. Using this link, when BBP_PD_COMMITMENT_POST is being called, in addition of creating commitment related to the PO, it should be able to delete the commitment related to the SC (which is being converted into PO).

Is this correct? However I got some quetions:

a. This META_ACC_PURCHASE_ORDER_POST, is this ONLY creating commitment? Wouldn't it create PO as well in the backend?

b. The SC is active in item level. If there are some items being added into the PO, how can it relate to the commitment in the item level for SC?

Please enlight me.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Yosea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yosea,

Can you please let me know if you were able to achieve the functionality of creating a commitment posting after SC approval?

We have a similar requirement and are exploring possibilities of achieving the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Amish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

lots fo shopping carts won't generated PR or PO because they'll treated as bid invitations or auctions. For sure I can replicate the shopping cart as a PR in R/3, but I have to guarantee the all my follow-on POs will be generated against a backend PR to avoid generating commitment two times. Another problem in this approach is to filter the PRs that were created from PM/PS/PP to make it posible to only these ones be transfered to sourcing cockpit in SRM.

Do you understand these issues when replicating the PR to R/3 from a shopping cart?

Best regards,

Cristiano Soares

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, then you have to trigger the commitment post (META_ACC_PURCHASE_ORDER_POST to create IDOC BBPCO) from SC approval.

The main issue will be to place this custom call at the right place so it is called only once.

For PO, the commitment update (BBP_PD_COMMITMENT_POST) is made when PO is saved & changed in BBP_PROCDOC_SAVE.

The same logic could apply for your SC.

Do you plan to create PO out of Bidding Engine ? In that case, a special logic could be needed to update the previous commitment (with new prices).

For your question about PM/PS/PP: if you send those R/3 PR to SRM, they have the backend PR reference (external requirement scenario) and a subtype BBP_PDHGP-SUBTYPE = ER. So you can identify them and bypass the commitment update from SRM.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

You want to update commitments just after the approval of the SC.

Ok, but this is already the case because:

- if the SC is creating a R/3 PO: costs are engaged by the PO

- if the SC is creating a R/3 PR: costs are engaged by the PR (as customized in R/3).

Those documents are created just after the SC approval (few seconds after !!!).

Rgds

Christophe