cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Possible to determine shipping data for material in the stock transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus ,

when i am trying to create stock transfer from 1 plant to another plant. i am getting the error of shipping data . i have maintain the trans & loading group .

Regards

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal

As you are doing stock transfer between 1plant to another plant and you are getting Message no. 06280, the problem is in the configuration part in the STO settings

So check your STO settings in IMG->SPRO->Materials Management->Purchasing->Purchase Order->Set up Stock Transfer Order->Define Shipping Data for Plant

Check the folloing data is maintained or not in MMR :

->Check wheatehr the MMR is extended to 1st & 2nd Plant's

->Also check wheather the sale views are maintained for MMR or not with the loading groups

->Check wheatehr the delivering plant is assigned in the MMR or not. If assigned keep it blank in both sales views

Check the Receiving plant and check wheather the customer(created in delivering sales area / plant) and its sales area are there .

Check wheather the NB document type has been assigned to supplying plant and delivering plant

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks A Lot ....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

The system was not able to determine this shipping data for the Possible reasons:

1.The customer number of the plant does not exist.

2.The material master record does not exist or has been flagged for deletion.

3.Data on the sales organization, the distribution channel or the division is missing for the supplying plant; it was not possible to determine a shipping point.

Check for these thing before creating a Stock transfer order. I hope you can proceed smoothly. If this does not resolve your problem then i think you need to extend the material in both of the plant i.e supplying as well as the receiving plant with Sales organisation data and distribution channel.

Regards,

SARTHAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to img material management, purchage order, sto, set up sto, and give internal customer there , and maintain purchase tab in MM01.

hope this will help u

regards,

sadanandam kasarla

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To determine the shipping data in STO the Delivery Plant need to be created as VENDOR and Receiving Plant need to be created as CUSTOMER.

Then in IMG--> Material Management >Purchasing>Purchase Order --> Set Up Stock Transport Order -->Define Shipping Data of Plant. Assigne the Plant created as Customer to the Plant Code.

This is one of the customisation setting related to STO, however I hope this willl resolve your issue.

Regards

AA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear AA,

i have already maitain the customer for respective plant . but still the error messege is coming

Regards

Vishal

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

can you send the error message no.

regards

AA

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Sales area 0003, 04, 21 plant is 1002

Sales area 0004, 05, 21 plant is ABCD

If you transport material from 1002 to ABCD plant then 1002 is supplying plant and ABCD is receiving plant

Now this ABCD plant should be made as a customer in XD01 mainly with shipping conditions in that data in sales area 0003, 04, 21 and this internal no has to be noted

In STO the receiving plant is being made as a customer in the supplying plants sales area and the internal customer no has to be assigned

in-img-mm-purchasing-purchase order-set up STO--define shipping data for plants

Now in that img activity that i mentioned above against plant 1002 you have to give sales area as 0003, 04, 21

Against plant ABCD you have mention sales area as 0004, 05, 21 and also this internal customer no in that internal customer tab

This internal customer no must be missing for your receiving plant

Then only STO can happen between these two assuming that all delivery types and other things are configured pakka

Assign delivery type and checking rule

assign document type one step procedure and under delivery tolerance

If this is done then your error will get eliminated

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal,

1. You will have to maintain "Shipping Data for Plants" - OMGN

2. You Check THe Shipping point determination - OVL2

3. Check the Material for which you are performing STO whether it exists in both the plants or Material Is extended to both the plants.

4. Check the sales Views: Sales: Sale org1, Sales: Sales org2, Sale": General/Plant

Check Whether you have mentioned Division, Material Group, Item Category Group, Tax details, Loading group... which are required for the process.

Please proceed accordingly....

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Messege no 06280

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Pl. check the following:-

1. Have you created the Plant as Customer in XD01 / XD02 with Sales View.

2. Check the material master in MM03 whether the material exist and not marked for deletion.

3.check IMG --> Material Management --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order .Set Up Stock Transport Order> Define Shipping Data for Plant. In this you assign the Customer Code which is created for plant to the Plant and also assign the Sales Org., Distribution Channel and Div. of the Customer.

Please recheck all the above said setting, and then try again by creating a new PO and delivery. Hope this will solve your issue.

Regards

AA