Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG composite role copy issue

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'morning!

A colleague of mine is facing a strange problem at her customer site:

On copying composite roles with PFCG you should receive a dialog box with the question "Should the Single Roles Be Copied and Reentered?". This gives you the opportunity to just enter the original singles or to copy them and enter the copies.

Unfortunately this pop-up is missing on their ECC 6.0 system and the singles are always copied as well. This is not the required way.

Is there any system setting/parameter that steers this popup? We would really like it back....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Is there any system setting/parameter that steers this popup? We would really like it back....

If there is, then it should be in PRGN_CUST. See if you find something in the F4 help for the settings.

Cheers,

Julius

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Is there any system setting/parameter that steers this popup? We would really like it back....

If there is, then it should be in PRGN_CUST. See if you find something in the F4 help for the settings.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Nothing relevant found there.....

0 Kudos

Hmm... I am not logged on so I confess that this is guessing.

Next option is that the message is displayed using a popup function which is obsolete in ECC 6.0 but still using in the coding - which now simply defaults what the function module would have returned.

Activate the ABAP debugger immediately ahead of where the popup should have appeared and look at the call stack to see what the name of the function is?

Particularly keep an eye out

a) CALL FUNCTION 'POPUP_TO_CONFIRM_WITH_MESSAGE'

b) CALL FUNCTION 'POPUP_TO_CONFIRM_STEP'

c) CALL FUNCTION 'POPUP_TO_DECIDE'

d) CALL FUNCTION 'POPUP_TO_CONFIRM'

0 Kudos

I've got ECC6 here, we don't have this problem. IIRC it's on Basis SP14

0 Kudos

I am fairly convinced it's some sort of bug. But we wanted to check, search and ask around first.