cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Function Module Program ID relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please tell me if one needs to register a unique Program ID against each and every RFC Functional Module that is used by the RCF Sender communication channel in the XI Integration Directory Builder? Or can I use the same Program ID for each RFC FM that I import into the Integration Directory?

Thanks and regards,

Brendon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brendon,

The same program ID van be re-used for every RFC call that you want to do between SAP and XI / PI.

The program ID is entered in the Sender RFC adapter and in the RFC destination in R/3. Since you can re-use the RFC destination for every RFC you want to invoke on SAP XI, there's no need to create unique program IDs per RFC.

Kind regards,

Koen

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for all the responses to this question.

Thanks and regards,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendon,

You can very well use same Programid for different RFC. But there can be problem if somehow Programid gets de-registered... then all your scenarios will get affected.

So its better to use different programid.

Regards

Arpil

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you take a note of sender channel then you will see a box for max connections (the max value can be 50 )

It is possible to use the same program id for two or more rfc fm.But the no of connections will restrain from using the rfc channel.

It is recommended that you use different prog id for different rfc fm to optimize performance if there are many fm. otherwise same prog id is sufficient for less numbers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically a program ID requires for listening RFC Data

Suppose I have an R/3 which needs to send data to XI then we need the below

R/3

1. RFC Destination in R/3

2. Need to provide the same while running RFC

XI

1. Need RFC destination for listening data sent by R/3 (progid should be same)

Once this is done then no need to create the same if you want to send the data to XI again through another RFC

needed only in case of other XI system

HTH

Rajesh