Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Moderators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moderators,

Can you please respond to Mr. Sridhar's Query in to following thread:

As, I don't want anyone, to be Left Un-Answered.

Best Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

r_d15
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Do not let your self down by few immature users.

Remember there are very FEW GIVERS in this selfish world and MANY TAKERS.

You are doing tremendous job ......and unknowingly many users like me giving you thanks from heart.

I would suggest u to consider your thoughts and just KEEP MOVING and give ur best every day.

Moreover thanks to all the MODERATORS and users like you u2026..those who are genuinely trying to help others .....OR else there would not be any forums like this.

God Bless!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Final Thanks to SDN and all Its Members.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: Posting Status in billing document header

Check this post

It is really a quality qn and lot of goods replies from many

Like this still a lot of good learning inputs are there from this SDN each and every day

Dont take things to heart and for many such quality posts we need your quality replies

I felt personally i will tell you this

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

This not like, This Forum has only Un-wanted Activities only.

If, one takes it in Correct-Manner, It would be a great place to Learn and Groom.

As a Professional, I have improved myself a lot, after joining SDN.

I have learnt much more than I contributed.

Thanks for your Kind Concern.

Very best Regards,

Amit

I have shared my views (though, I must not), in to the same thread, Please correct me If I have explained something wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we first started with stricter moderation in the ABAP forums, it was also some getting used to it which was needed.

Some people who only answered with huge pre-prepared link-farms and concentrated on answering interview questions also left SDN, but to which extent that was a loss can be debated.

But generally the members agreed (and demanded it) that the quality of the contributions should improve and not the quantity of the questions.

This is why questions like "What is CIN?" and "What is a report?" and "What is a sales order process?" are not acceptable and are rejected from these Expert Forums.

We seldom see such questions asked now, but there is still a following of people who will answer them over and over and over again when they are asked without doing a simple search. It is unacceptable for a whole community to be swamped by such repeated (spam?) information, when it is only a small handfull of people who take pleasure in answering them again and again and again....

The key focus should be on quality and the value of the knowledge available and shared at SDN. Insights into product developments and strategies. Usefull technical tools and methodologies. Coding techniques, etc. Things which you cannot find elsewhere in the internet...

My 2 cents to your discussion,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Julius,

I do agree with You.

I have experience the Strict kind-of-Moderation by Mr. Juan Reyes, in to [Forum: SAP NetWeaver Administrator|;

I'll not go in to much Details, but Believe me, over some point _ (we both were responding to a query) My BASIS-Colleague and I_, had dispute (within Thread). Somehow, Mr. Juan Reyes, has found my points Valid and (to my surprise) My BASIS-Colleague's ID got Deleted (exact reason could be know with Moderators' only)..

There are many other Instance, where I found Mr. Juan Reyes, Actively Monitoring the Forum and Also, taking necessary Actions (most of the Times).

Believe me, one should experience the Quality of Discussions in to [Forum: SAP NetWeaver Administrator|;, and then compare the same with other Forums.

Best Regards,

Amit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll not go in to much Details, but Believe me, over some point _ (we both were responding to a query) My BASIS-Colleague and I_, had dispute (within Thread). Somehow, Mr. Juan Reyes, has found my points Valid and (to my surprise) My BASIS-Colleague's ID got Deleted (exact reason could be know with Moderators' only)..

Well... this is certainly not how things work... if you colleague ID got deleted was from something very different to simply answering a thread.

Believe me, one should experience the Quality of Discussions in to Forum: SAP NetWeaver Administrator, and then compare the same with other Forums.

Is this good? or bad?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Juan,

Definitely..In a Very Very Good and Appreciation sense.

I am Sorry, If I sounded negative.

Your Moderation has made Forum: SAP NetWeaver Administrator a Better Place to Learn, Contribute and Inquiry about.

P.S. Above-said statement is just in Admiration to Mr. Juan. I am not comparing him with Anyone.

Best Regards,

Amit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks.... appreciate that the effort in been noticed.

As per the reason of this thread... I think the best way to deal with those situations is to just hit the abuse, enter the reason why you think the thread should be reviewed and don't tell the user that you have reported him.... We will do the dirty job for you

Contributions from people that care is what we need and seems like we get more allies each day

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I think, Somewhere, I am Mis-Fit for this Forum.

And, I don't wanna make troubles for all the Inquirers and SDN-Contributors.

If, my Dis-connection from the Forum , makes things Smooth and Hassles-Free, Better to Say Good-Bye to SDN-Forum and become Inactive.

To One and All, Thanks for their Kind Support and Acknowledgment.

I think, during my tenure with SDN, I tried to be within Rules of Engagement, and Never done anything, intentionally, which spoiled Decorum of the Forum.

However, If, I've hurt anyone In-Person, I am Extremely Sorry.

Being a Contributor, Its difficult for me to Continue, But I firmly Believe, I, as Inquirer, will get all the Support and Suggestions From Elite Members, If required in Future.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Amit

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to bring it to the notice of the moderators which may help in their discussions...

Locking the ids of the members for positng basic questions without search may not solve the issue. The reason being I know people who visit SDN forums whenever they have an issue, and they never make a search and to my surprise they are creating a new Id almost everytime. They donot keep a record of the Id and password and prefer to create a new Id always. This may sound different but this is happening. You can find in the database a number of Ids with one or two posts only. As long as creating an Id in SDN is not a difficult task, locking Id will not make any difference.

Thanks,

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Ravi I too aware of this and to tackle such happenings, one more check is done at the top level data base where all user ids are stored and I dont want to disclose here how they are monitoring. If any user id is found like that, action will be intiated on that new user id also. In fact, there is a separate team to monitor such activities, round the clock. See what a pity of this forum.

To help each others only this forum has been introduced but due to some unwanted happenings, some of the above team members have to break their head.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is to inform all members that of late it has been observed that many basic questions are posted in the forum without taking any efforts to search the forum which should not be encouraged and against the rules and regulations of the forum.

One can expect spoon feeding from the forum members if the issue is very cirtical and the concerned member have already searched the forum without any success but not the vice versa. Already in the Moderators forum, discussions were going on to warn severely those members who violate the rules and still if they continue, their user id will be blocked from further posting.

So in order to avoid such untoward incidents, I request all the members to maintain decorum and please dont post basic questions.

Hope all of you would not have mind adhering to forum rules.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi