cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the Schema in Sql 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have refreshed our QAS system from PRD (abap + java) system. The schema on the system is MCOD (IE SID). Although the database has come up, but in SAP we are not able to access the schema because the schema currently belongs to PRD system.

I have looked at OSS note 551915 but this script is valid for Sql 2000. We have Sql 2005.

Also, I have looked at a couple of scripts but that have not worked on our scenario to convert the scema.

Can anyone share and paste the Alter schema script to convert all the tables both for (SAPPRDDB and PRD) ?

Please Help!

Thanks,

Antarpreet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

I think Rohit is right. Please follow the note he recommends, STM provides several purpose, including database copy which is the one you need. You don't have to convert DB schema since you're using MCOD mode.

Thanks,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Refer to OSS Note 551915 R3 wont start after database restore or database copy!

Run this script and your issue should be resolved!

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antarpreet,

please refer to note 683447

To perform a schema conversion use SAP tools for SQL Server 2005 to perorm the conversion

It is easy and recommended procedure

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

I have explored that as well but it is not useful in our case because we already have an MCOD schema!

Please do suggest other thoughts!

Thanks,

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antarpreet,

Please suggest if I am wrong:

u have refreshed QAS from PRD and now the schema owner of QAS is SID of PRD and you want to change this to SID of QAS

Well then in that case you will need to perfrom schema conversion using SQL tools mentioned in the note I have given to you,I assure your issues will get resolved,we have been doing it a lot in our setup and have no issues,we also have schema systems

Also note 551915 also says this- to perform schema upgarde using SQL tools

Also what makes you say that the scripts mentioned in the note are for SQL server 2000,it is no where mentioned

But I strongly suggest you to go for SQL tools,even if it does no gud to your system(which is a remotest possibility),it will not do any harm....

Rohit