Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted viewing of trading partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is there a way to restrict viewing of certain trading partners? For eg. I've got a user in China who wishes to have access to SAP but 'cos he belongs to a minority stake holder in a joint venture between my company and his company, I can't allow him SAP access as it will allow him to see all my trading partners under my business.

If I grant him access to SAP, how do I ensure that he doesn't get to see a selected range of trading partners whenever he goes into masterdata creation or display or transactional posting or any actions which will have a trading partner field?

Pls advise.

P.S I'm currently on ECC5 going on to ECC6.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Queck,

I suppose these trading partners would belong only to a specific company code or a plant.

Are you not able to restrict the access by that?

Regards,

CP

0 Kudos

Hi CP,

We can restrict viewing by company code but we can't restrict the trading partners. Do you need me to show you an example?

Best Regards,

Ethan

0 Kudos

Hi Quek,

An expmple would be good. Can you please let me know what tcode do they use for viewing the trading partner?

Regards,

CP

0 Kudos

Hi CP,

Whenever we go to any tcodes that posts financial transactions (eg. F-02), under 'More Data' button, you can see the Trading Partner field. Unfortunately, I can't cut & paste the screenshot for you. You may want to ask any of your FICO colleagues to enable the 'Trading Partner' field in the screen of F-02.

The other place is the vendor or customer master (FK02 or FD02, respectively). Under the General data ---> Control section, you can see the Trading partner. This, you may also ask your FICO colleague to enable the field for you to see (Are you FICO trained? I'm assuming you're more into BASIS).

I hope this is clear enough. Drop me a line if you need somemore clarification.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Ethan Quek

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread had been superceded with another one, so i'm closing this.