cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order related billing for manufacturing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody explain to me the effects of order-related billing in manufacturing? What if deliveries is not the same as sales order. Or should i just make another order type for this?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Order related billing is done for the scenarios where delivery is not done directly and the vendor is sending the goods directly to end customer so on the basis of sale order billing or invoicing is done to the customers.Please clarify your requirement.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Thanks for fast reply.

I want to go for order related billing because sometimes delivery is done on a later date. but client wants to bill the customer already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joker,

To satisfy your requirement go to T.code VTFL select the Billing Type and Delivery Type and select the relevant Item Category and in detail copying requirements select as 011Head.dlv-rel.w/o GI which is Header delivery-related without Goods Issue

Example

If your customer would like to be able to receive their invoice with their shipment, you may need to create the invoice while picking and packing the item in order for the document to be placed inside the final package. You do not, however, actually post goods issue until the box leaves the facility, which may occur later. As a result, you need to be able to issue the invoice prior to the actual goods issue from inventory. This requirement can be used to allow you to generate the invoice early for inclusion in the package.

Hope it helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a manufacturing industry, there will always be delivery related billing only to monitor inventory and to post / upate stock values in FI.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Joker,

-->Why you want to go for sales order related billing with out delivery reference !!

-->Are you not creating any delivery after sales order !!

-->Delivery is entirely different from sales order.

-->As per the satnsard service related activities will be billed with reference to the sales order because here there will not be any physical movement of goods.

-->When ever there is physical movements of the goods you need to create delivery.

-->When ever there is delivery you better to create billing document with reference to the delivery.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Thanks for fast reply.

I want to go for order related billing because sometimes delivery is done on a later date. but client wants to bill the customer already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are two ways u can bill,

1, Order related billing which means ur billing is with reference to your order quanitity irrespective of ur delivery.

2. Delivery related billing which means ur billing is wrt ur delivered qty irrespective or ur order qty.

3. these will be controlled by sales document type in VOV8

4. u can use both of these with one or different ordertype with control parameters in item category.

example for order related billings: debit memos, credit memos

example for delivery related billings: all normal billings

hope this will help u

thanks

sadanandam kasarla

Edited by: Sadanandam Kasarla on Feb 20, 2009 9:38 AM