Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set 'Preferred inspection type' indicator for either insp. type 0130 or 01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear QM Gurus

My client have a scenerio:

there is a material that sometimes recieves at my clients' premesis and sometimes at Subcontracting Vendors' location.

in both cases they are inspecting the material.

for this purpose they uses the 01 & 0130 inspection type.inspection lot is created according to prefered inspection type.

but now what they want is when material is recieved at subcontracting location ispection lot is created with 0130 inspection type and when recieves at parent location inspection lot is created with 01 inspection type automaticaly means they dont want to change the QM View every time when they GR.

Is it possible in SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faiza

what i could understand from your requirement is that for Subcontracting PO you want to active 01 inspection and for Normal You want 01 inspection.

1) activate both 01 and 0130 inspection type in material master

2) For Subcontracting vendor activar\te source inspection in the Quality Info Record. Follow the link below for source inspection

The Q-Info Record is used to trigger a source inspection lot for a material/vendor and plant. Under the tab key Inspection Control in Q-Info Record, you would find vendor source Inspection and under that select the inspection type 0130 for source inspection and give the lead time required to perform the inspection in days (say 10 days).

If you do not want to trigger an inspection lot @ GR for a source Inspection lot then check the box (Source Insp. No Gr).

Ensure that the inspection type selected @ source inspection is activated in the Material Master Record for the chosen material in the Quality Management View.

To trigger the lot manually you need to have some open purchase orders for the material/plant/vendor. Go to transaction QI07 and give the material code, vendor, plant and opening period.

When you execute the transaction you would find open purchase orders for the given input data. Select the Purchase Order you wish to perform Source Iinspection and choose Create Inspection Lot.

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/0f/adfaa8354d11d4b2ea0050da4ceab0/content.htm]

So you will get a 0130 lot for doing the inspection prior to the GR of the material. this has the same effect of creating a 0130 inspection lot on GR. Please not you need not run QI07 every time, you can maintain a background program which will run automaticaly in creating a lot.

3) For normal PO you will get a 01 inspection lot on GR of the material automaticaly. So no need of changing the preferred indicator every time.

please let me know your comments on the same

Regards

gajesh

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faiza,

Sorry i couldnt understand the process. Please describe the bussiness process of your client or requirement of your client. There can be better solutions.

Please do reply with all details

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually there was two scenerios for a material.

in one case:

GR against Normal PO at my clients location

in second case:

GR against PO(Subcontracting Vendor) at Vendor's location.

In above two cases inspection should be carried out at my clients's location.

how it would be catered through SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

they have different storage locations.

in case of GR against subcontracting PO storage location is not coming on MIGO Screen.also in this case no stock posting Tab is coming at Usage decision of inspection lot.means in this case no stock posting is required from Quality.

when i use 01 inspection type the stock remains in Quality stock after UD either approved / reject.

but when i use inspection type 0130 then with the same scenerio stock is transferred to unrestricted stock after UD (even stock posting is not done by quality bcoz of no tab present at UD Screen).

thats why for subcontracting i have to activate the 0130 inspection type instead of 01.

now my client dont want to activate or de activate the inspection type eveery time when they GR.

Is it possible?

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faiza

1) Why do you need 2 inspection types for GRs . Please let me know the scenario why you are using so

2) just checking, is your clients place and subcontracting vendors place same. I mean they will be different plant right or same plant or just the storage location is different

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure, but you can try this customer exit for your problem QAAT0001

Thanks

Vinay