cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update terminate in change bom

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi expert.

i found this problem yesterday. when i create new BOM or change exist BOM. after save and return to transaction CS02 again, a pop-up windows SAP Office with message like "update was terminate" showed.

so i checked my changed data but nothing appear. no BOM create, list of components 're still the same as before change.

after try to change/create and found this problem for hour. i found that if i create BOM with list of raw material or semi-finish and save, system accept and no pop-up windows.

but if i input co-product like scrap or material with minus in qty and save, system accept but a pop-up window will greeting me.

how to solve this? any advise is fine.

point for goods.

regards.

kittisak.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kittisak,

Use transaction SM13 to analyse the update termination error, probably you need to take the help of ABAP person to understand the problem.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SM13 i found each update error have this error detail .

class : 29

Number : 281

: Maximum low-level code 999 reached

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kittisak,

It appears from message that your BOM is having Components/Subassemblies which is crossing 999 items. So you need to apply an OSS notes to enhance the BOM Item level field to accomodate more than 3 digits. I would suggest you to break the existing BOM's.

Regards,

Prasobh

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kittisak,

Please go through OSS Notes #69231& 484640, 68792 for solution for this problem.

Regards,

Prasobh

Edited by: Prasobh Karunakaran on Feb 20, 2009 2:18 PM added detials

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1061582
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is definitely a technical issue.

Pls follow the foll step.

a)Once you get the error message,Immediately access T'code:SU53,Take a screen shot and submit to your Basis or security consultant.

This will guide u r tech consultant on how to proceed further.

Hope it helps

THNX

HKR