Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock removal: strange behaviour probably due to pallet strategy

rudy_schmitz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have a "strange" behaviour when I remove stock from a storage bin. Maybe somebody can help me on how to avoid this?

Let me explain the situation with an easy example:

We have here 2 storage bins: let say TMP and STK

We do a 1st goods receive of qty=10 on TMP, with then, a transfer order to move it to STK.

We do a 2nd goods receive of qty=5 on TMP, with then, a transfer order to move it to STK.

After this, we have:

TMP: 0

STK: 15

TOTAL: 15

We do a goods issue of qty=10 on TMP, with then, a transfer order from STK to TMP.

And there is the problem...

TMP: -5

STK: 10

TOTAL: 5

The TOTAL is OK. But not the qty in STK and TMP... We would like to have this:

TMP: 0

STK: 5

TOTAL: 5

Having a look more deeply, I could see that there is a notion of PA (pallet), which seems to be the origin of the problem. But can't we get the desired result, keeping the PA strategy?

Thanks in advance for your advice/help on the subject.

Regards,

Rudy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rudy_schmitz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thank you for your reply. Please find my answers in blue.

1. Are TMP and STK in the same storage type? Is the storage type of STK SU managed?

No, TMP and STK do not belong to the same storage type. I think both storage types are SU managed, but I am not sure about that.

2. Is GI posted from TMP directly (fixed bin)?

Yes, the GI is posted directly on TMP (same as for GR). I don't know exactly what is "fixed bin", but the GI/GR acts on TMP.

3. Are the goods movement between TMP and STK booked manually or with fixed bin replenishment or manually by LT01 / LT10?

The movement between TMP and STK is booked through a z-function (RFC) which is using SAP standard function module "L_TO_CREATE_MULTIPLE".

Regards,

Rudy

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You can check in SPRO > LE > WM > SU > Master Data > Define Storage Type Control whether the storage types are SU managed or not. If GI happens directly from TMP it cannot be SUM I suspect.

2. As I understand when GI happens SAP uses TMP as interim storage bin. In this case the 9** interim storage type is not involved in the process. If it is so, the bin must be fixed bin.

If GI refreshes first interim storage type 9** and after that a TO is created from TMP to 9**, TMP doesn't serve as "interim" bin.

Difficult to say what happens since you are not using standrad system. Please check for the material ou are speaking about: material master > WM2 view (give plant, WH, storage type where TMP is). Is TMP in the sorage bin field? What is maximum bin quantity? What is replenishment quantity?

Regards,

Csaba

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudy,

1. Are TMP and STK in the same storage type? Is the storage type of STK SU managed?

2. Is GI posted from TMP directly (fixed bin)?

3. Are the goods movement between TMP and STK booked manually or with fixed bin replenishment or manually by LT01 / LT10?

Thanks,

Csaba