cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Status in billing document header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the billing document header we have 'Posting Status'. For example if we won't require accouting document, it says 'Billing document is not relevant for accounting'. Where do we maintain control for this.

Thanks

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Control is in

Tcode:::::VOV7

Field:::::::Billing Relevance

Normally, this will be A

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the VOV7 but there the billing relevence is maintained as 'A'. But still in the billing document the status is not relevent for accounting.

Thanks

Sri

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sri

According to my knowledge the billing relevance maintained in VOV7 plays some or very limited role there

But the control is exactly somewhere hardcoded in SD and FI integration

For an item carrying billing relevance as A when you bill that delivery in VF01 in create mode itself if you choose the header details header tab and posting status the value will be greyed out and the value will be A billing document blocked for forwarding to FI

How the system has choosen that value is the qn you have asked?( i understood so)

This value comes default

May be FI people can tell this

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

billing document the status is not relevent for accounting.

Can you please reconfirm that the error is billing document is not relevant for billing or accounting.

If it says not relevant for billing, then the first check is in VOV7 and the second check should be in VOFA where for your billing type, M for the field "SD document categ" 7 for the field "Transaction Group" and Posting Block should not have been selected

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies,

Here the thing is "Billing document is not relevent for Accounting".

In the billing header data, header tab page in accouting data section we have posting status, which is getting determined and greyed out.

Lakshmipathi --> I have checked the VOFA, but for me there are two different billing documents, one is relevent for accounting and the other one is not relevent for accounting (Like Ex. proforma). But for both the document we have the same settings as you told. Still for one billing document status is showing "Posting document has been created" but for the other it is showing "Billing document not relevent for accounting".

My question is from where the system is getting these messages and how they are getting determined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

This will be controlled from VOFA transaction - Billing document type configuration. Here you can find the "Acct Determ Proc" for the specific billing document type. if this field is not assigned with any procedures then that document will not relevent for accounting document.

Also note that this account determination procedure is not available for the billing document types with "SD document categ - U Pro forma invoice". That is if you select the "SD document categ - U Pro forma invoice", the field "Acct Determ Proc" will be hidden.

You can refer F2 and F5 for example.

These are the two fields controls the account assignment posting.

Hope your doubt is clear now.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thank you for your replies, but muthu is on target. I have check throughly and came to a conclusion, that is exactly what muthu had put.

Adios,

Sri

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sri

This was really a very good question and an excellent answer from Mr.Muthu

Perfect answer and i was also watching this qn from the moment it was thrown

Congrats to MUTHU

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In-line with Mr. Muthu's explaination, I would like to add:

It is VBTYP and Account Determination Procedure in Billing Document Type Configuration, which defines the Accounting Document generation.

Say, in case of Proforma Invoice (F5, or F8), you will find:

VBTYP as "U" (Blank) and No Acct. Doc. Deter. Procedure assigned.

Whereas, in case of F1, or F2:

VBTYP as "M" and Acct. Doc. Deter. Procedure assigned.

Important: Check Fields: SD Document category and Transaction group, for F5 and F8 (it would be "U" and "8") AND F1 and F2 (it would be "M" and "7")

Also,

What Billing Document Type would be considered As Cancellation Billing Document Type, would also get considered by VBTYP.

An Invoice, with VBTYP 'M', can only be canceled with Billing Type with VBTYP 'N' .

Note: Check Billing Documents in VOFA.

Very Best Regards,

Amit

I am really Sorry, But I could not Stop myself, to provide my inputs.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

Forum Members Have rightly pointed out at various levels where you need to check.

1. Under Item Category - V0V7- Say TAN

Billing Relevance = A or B Mostly A (Again depending on our scenario)

2. Sales Document Type - VOV8 Say OR click details button

Under "Billing" Tab

you will have to assign the billing document type for the respective sales document.

Dlv-rel.Bill type - F2 (customized invoice )

Order-rel.bill type - F2 (customized invoice )

3. Billing Document Type - VOFA say F2 Click Details button

Under "General Control"

Check whether you have maintained

SD Document Cat. = M - Invoice

Transaction Group = 7 - Billing Documents

Should be there.

Your problem is mostly relevent when you don't assign billing doc type within sales document.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the item category VOV7, in the billing relevance field we say document relevant for billing or not like for profoma invoice it doesn't. u select here as proforma invoice then it doen't take accounting document and if u release it for accounting in VF02 it says the document not relevant for accounting.

regards,

sadanandam kasarla