Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center level authorization

former_member540914
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Can I give the authorizations at Profit Center level.

In my client place roles are designed as per profit centers. But my Basis consultant is telling that it is not possible to provide authorizations at profit center level.

Please guide me whether it is possible or not? If possible how to do it?

Thanks in advance

Kiran A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kiran,

Authorizations can be controlled at profit center level depending on the transactions in question.

Are there any specific transactions for which you want to have the access restricted to the profit center level?

Regards,

Chinmaya

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kiran,

Authorizations can be controlled at profit center level depending on the transactions in question.

Are there any specific transactions for which you want to have the access restricted to the profit center level?

Regards,

Chinmaya

0 Kudos

Hi

Here we have 6 plants, each plant is a profit center. Managent has decided to assign the activities to the users at the profit centre level. All the transactions relates to one profit centers will be handled by one team, at the same they should not be authorized to access or posting the entries to other profit center.

Regards

Kiran A

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You will need to create different roles for different plants and assign the neccessary transactions in the roles and than assign them to the relevant people who are responsible for those plants.

You can create derived roles and change the plant values in the child roles. as you seem to have a plant to profit center mapping.

Regards,

Chinmaya