Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB triggers XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Say I have a scenario DB -> XI -> SAP

I want that on every update of the DB table XI will extract the data from the DB and transfer it to SAP R3.

I know that I can use the JDBC sender with time interval

but is there a better way to do it?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mushon...

I have worked in a similar kinda scenario...

One work around is to use additional table in ur DB containing info about the data that was changed in your DB tables....

This table wud be populated by writing an SQL trigger separately on different tables....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am beginer of xi . I want some explanation about DB to file/jdbc...

sendor side we use some database...I want datatypes(structure ) ,adopter parameters etc. if u have any documents/ppt's please send me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zivlon...

If you your organization was into ESA then you buisness scenrio could work perfectly with XI...

lets say a PO is created in your sending application

then the PO data is send using a Web Service to XI,the XI simulatniosly send the data to the DB as a record and to the R3 as a BAPI of PO or an IDoc...

This way

1.you can benefit from the Web Service if more then 1 system wants to use it.

2.you could create a sync interface that can update the DB with the return status of the PO without too many correlations and sync\async bridges, maybe even return the response to the user created the PO(if the BP takes a few seconds).

3.you could monitor the buisness process more efficently.

4.you could use the alerts more easly.

5.your message payload will allways be from the kind of a single PO and this gives better performance.

and much more....

But i guess the idea of DB trigger on the table that starts a SP is better and was suggested allready in the previous postings.

Good luck.

Nimrod

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mushon,

2 alternatives:

1. A stored procedure which is triggerd by DB - sending XML to http adapter.

2. JDBC send adapter which is polling on the table with a small intervall. You need a mechanism (nothing / upddate / send flag) to avoid that messages are not send twice. You can give SQL statements for query AND for update.

Regards,

Udo

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mushon,

ASFAIK, I dont think there is another better way than using a Sender JDBC adapter with the select query and the Update Query.

Any special reason on not wanting to use a JDBC adapter?

Regards,

Bhavesh