cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a new system to the transport domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus ,

currently our landscape is a 3 system landscape . We are SAP BUSINESS SUITE users . we are using ECC 6.0 on AIX with AS ABAP .

we are planning for one sand box system on AIX with both AS ABAP and AS JAVA . but we have certain confusions and lack of clarity on certain portions . hope over which you all can throw light ,

- Will there be any difference in license info for using ECC with AS ABAP (or) ECC with AS ABAP + JAVA .

- would be able to add this system to our transport domain without including the system in solution manager

- can we make clinet copies from a ECC system with ABAP alone to a ECC system with ABAP +JAVA

- How to get more clarity on the license perspective of adding this system

please guide us

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

both of your answers are contradicting ... i am confused .

how to find out the license information ? is the SAP license is based on the number of systems or how is that ?

in our company we have a complete business suite package ... i wish to know more on the license part ..

will there be any need of paying extra amount ?

how to find whether the current license we have is for only AS ABAP (or) AS ABAP and JAVA ..

is that we will specify SAP that whethr we need ABAP alone (or) ABAP+JAVA while buying the package itself ?

please guide me

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how to find out the license information ? is the SAP license is based on the number of systems or how is that ?

in our company we have a complete business suite package ... i wish to know more on the license part ..

Sap License does not count on the base of number of system, it counts on the base of users. To know better about the license raise a message to SAP under the component XX-SER-LIKEY

how to find whether the current license we have is for only AS ABAP (or) AS ABAP and JAVA ..

Its just the usage type, there is not any relation to SAP license with this

is that we will specify SAP that whethr we need ABAP alone (or) ABAP+JAVA while buying the package itself ?

When you register your system into Serivce market place there you have to specify your system it is only ABAP or ABAP+JAVA

Regards,

Subhash

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Will there be any difference in license info for using ECC with AS ABAP (or) ECC with AS ABAP + JAVA .

According to me there is not any differences in license, when you apply for the license you have to select the system as ABAP+JAVA and i dont think that you need to install any license for java in ECC

2. would be able to add this system to our transport domain without including the system in solution manager

Yes if Solution manager is not your domain controller. You can add the system into your domain, For the transport between 2 system is the requriement is that both system should be same relase with Same ABAP support pack and Kernel (as per my understnading).

3. can we make clinet copies from a ECC system with ABAP alone to a ECC system with ABAP +JAVA

This is think might not be possible but not sure for this, becuase there must be some ddic difference in both system.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susin,

1.To be very clear you can install ECC with ABAP+JAVA add on,u can refer following link for more info.

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/expert/KnowledgebaseAnswer/0,289625,sid21_gci1242703,00.html

2.suppose if u install Netweaver AS ABAPJAVA,u will not be able to add this in your transport domain,transport domain has to contain either all ABAP or either all ABAPJAVA

3. well regading license,there is a different license for ABAP and different for JAVA,so you will need two licenses

Hope it helps,let me know of more questions

Rohit