Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Performence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts....

I have one req:

I have to collect from every dept...the performence and use of PS Module.

Dept like....Finance...Project management....

Now i have to prepare the sheet....(excel)

Can any one plz give some inputs.....

Can i store this documents in SAP.

Regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate more? You mean to say, requirement collection from the client?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh...

Actually we are in supporting team.

Just we want to take some inputs from alllusers.

Any new suggestions or....remarks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I assume you need data to calculate the usage of PS module..

If you are collecting data from the users, go ahead and ask for no: of Projects, WBS elements, networks, activities & milestones created..

I assume this would be a headache if the quantity is large for the user so the easier part would be to go to the tables yourself and calculate the quantum of job done

Similarly the no: of POs and GRN posted and the actual cost accounting performed monthly and totally.

Also the settlements done and if there are any background jobs involved cross checking the logs should give you a detailed idea on this

I know in Finance there are transactions to calculate this but in PS Im pretty sure there are none.

Regards

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx a lot dear.....renjith.

Now i will dicuss with my Bussines process head.

Can u tell me what is the benefit of this work.

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

The project itself comprises several phases. A high degree of precision is required when planning and coordinating large and complex projects. When planning the flow of a project, you will schedule deadlines and dates, make resources available, and allocate funds. The Project System supports you in all project phases

PS is very complex module & is a highly integrated part of the R/3 system with direct links to Purchasing, Sales Distribution, Production Planning, Finance &Controlling and Human Resources.This integration allows SAP, as a tool, to support all phases of project management by communicating with sales and distribution, materials management and accounting in a real time environment

I feel with this exercise your organization may want to understand how is Project System beneficial for all above departments.It helps to know specific departments using PS more frequently.Accodingly Orgnaization can take initiatives to train specific resources in PS.This will definitely help Organization to improve productivity & performance while working on projects.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tushar...

Thanx for your valuable reply in simple words.

Regards

Chandra

Answers (0)