cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When i am creating a sales order with reference to invoice the system is allowing to enter the quantity more than the invoiced quantity.

suppose the invoice quantity is 100 when i create a sales returns system is accepting to do returns for 150 also whichshould not be and also it is allowing to do so many times with the same reference document

i am getting just q warning message that for this invoice reference already returns exists if i bypass the warning message system is allowing to do next time also

how to do

any user exits to control which checks the VBRK number and VBRK billed quantity and it should less or equal to VBAK quantity

regards

i have searched the forum

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rithvika

Try with this

Go to VTAF, select the item category for the combination of order type and billing type and maintain "+" for the field "Pos./neg. quantity"

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen this problem in two implementqtion projects,

everybody sufffering with this problem. its a bug in sap. basically this happends because:

SAP says take returns with reference to OR that means OR to RE, but most of the time some pricing determinations like rebates and freights happens at billing level. for this reason we take billing reference to create RE docement . from F2 to RE there is no quanitty check because it is not standatrd it is customized there is no field to control the billing qty to RE qty. if u take OR to RE u definitely have the control which will control the OR qty. I taken abaper help and made it as error and give qty exceeding message. So better consult ur abaper and use some exit related to that and control it. Or

for RE document put authorization control to check return document. like status profile which can be customized in IMG SD SALES.

1. Proposed

2. Accepted

3. Rejected.

I hope this will help u

regards,

sadanandam Kasarla

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sadanandam

The cycle is simple and like this

OR--LFPGI--F2 BILLING

Material X say 100 units

Now you want to take return with order type RE referencing F2 billing

Now when you create in VA01 order type RE with reference to the billing doc the qty 100 automatically gets copied

If you dont want the qty to be increased (that is propable misuse) not to be more than 100 or strictly limit it to 100 then OVAH message class V4 no 229 will work

This is based on my experience

in the recent implementation

But not to add material Y also is to be done thro user exit

Regards

Raja

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rithvika

Thro standard setting you can achieve this

More qty can be entered in return order type than what was billed to him earlier and user can escape with a warning message only

Go to OVAH message class V4 and message no 229 change from warning to error

OR qty 10--del LF 10 units-F2 billing 10 units

In this case if you want to restrict the return qty order type RE referencing F2 to the maximum of 10 units the above mentioned OVAH settings will control

If any user tries to input 11 in RE then error will be thrown

Copy controls will only ensure that in return order , the qty 10 is automatically copied

But if the issue is not to increase that then OVAH controls will work

If your requirement is not to allow the user to add any product which is not there in original F2 invoice in the return order RE then you need to go for ABAP development

Three things in Returns order type RE referencing F2

1. Qty should not be increased This can be controlled by OVAH settings said earlier

2. Return order should be created only once.This can be controlled by VTFA choose your billing type and order type combination at item level pos/neg fiels maintain +

3. Adding one more line item which was not there in original F2 invoice

This has to be controlled by user exit or ABAP development

Test and post back

Regards

Raja