cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation of Project Plan costs i.e. allocation while cost planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My client is having a requirement, where they want tp plan Allocations, similar to what we do for actuals in settlement.

I think this is a controlling functionality and which can be done against Cost Centre planning. However I dont see any such specific provision for WBS. Something close might be cost element wise planning.

The option I see is creating WBS hierarchy similar to Cost Center. Please let me know if any has experience or mapped such requirement and the main thing will be the reporting for the same.

Thanks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

To eloborate more on my scenario, see the below example

Cost Centre 1 Proj X $1000 - Salary Cost Element

Cost Centre 2 Proj X $500 - Travel Cost Element

Cost Centre 1 Proj Y $500 - Salary Cost Element

Cost Centre 2 Proj Y $700 - Travel Cost Element

So I have the same Cost Center hitting different projects. The main problem here is I am not using Network and Activities (or else I could have used a Work Center). Its only a WBS structure.

Also there is no one to one relationship between WBS and Cost Center, so I am not assigning any particular Cost Center to WBS master data.

How could I do the Project planning in above case and which report will give me all details? This is what I wish to do this for actuals by means of settlement rule. But I am not sure how to do it for planning?

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarang,

In the WBS element You can plan in CJ40, using the Annual Planning detailed in Activity Input.

For this You must have configured:

1 - The Planning Profile, define groups for detailed planning of the activity input, the sender cost center group and the sender activity type group.

2 - Assign the Planning Profile for Project Profile.

The actuals cost can be allocated in the Project through "Activity Allocation" KB21N.

Use the Reports for By Cost Element.

Regards

Elza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Elza.

I am alraedy using CJR2 excel planning based on Cost Centre, Activity type and WBS. I am maintaning allocation Cost elemnt in Activity type. But the problem is while reporting. In cost elements report, I dont see the Cost Centre. I am not assigning any Cost Center to WBS master data.

If I am doing the cost planning as above, in which report I could see Proj No(WBS) / Cost Element/Cost Centre. We are not maintaning default Cost Center in Cost elment.

Also can you explain more on KB21N? Is it meant for posting actuals or planned costs?

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

You already tried execute the report S_ALR_87013549 (Actual/Plan compare with partner), although I believe that you will have that to create your proper report.

The tcode KB21N is used for allocate cost of Activity, the cost will be allocated in agreement with Plan price of the period, in the Period End Closing the Actual Price of the Activity must be calculated and the Project must be reevaluated(posting o the difference Actual Price - Planned Cost).

Regards

Elza