cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make to order issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We have a situation here, we have two plants lets say material x is manufactured in plant A, material y is manufactured in plant B. selling plant is always B and delivered from B. this is all make to order scenarios. when a material X is ordered from a customer we have to load in plant B as it is delivered from plant B. in material master the settings are like, external procurement for plant B, but when we load a sales order it is not raising a production order as strategy group is not maintained in plant B as it is not manufactured there. the main issue raising here is production people can't see a production order for material X. so please advise gurus what should be the settings or configurations for this make to order material X.

Please advise me when we load a sales order what is it that looks in material master in order to load a production order for make to order materials.

Thank you in advance,

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear rathan,

Ae per your thread...X material in Plant A &Y material in Plant B.

Ur Requirment:If customer gives the order for X material You want to Produce in Plant B..

You should maintain the material in Both the plant (X&Y), while you maintaining the material ..

In MRP2 Screen in procurment tab you can see the Special procurement in that field you maintain 80(Production in alternative plant).

Your problem will be solved.

Regards

raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jones,

I don't think It is possible If you create sales order with Plant-B system need generate the production order for Plant A.

You can try this process

1.Extend the material master of material X to the Plant A maintain the planning stretogy 20-Make to order in the master and also maintain other settings related to the make to order process.

2.You define two orders one is demond order and second one is customer order.

You make the settings in such a way that(item categories and scheduleline category settings) demond order should generate production order but customer should not.

The demond order you create for the plant A with Material X generate the production order.

Based on the demond order-->production order you cab produce material in Plant A.

3.After producing the material X you just do plant transfer from Plant A to Plant B.

4.Now you create Customer order -->delivery -->invoice from plant B for the Material X.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Murali,

Thanks for the reply, as per your advise demand order settings are from sales settings or pp settings, can you please elaborate on how we can configure this Scenario.

i would want to rephrase our problem again,

We have two plants A and B. some materials are produced in A and some are produced in B. we use strategy group 22 for make to order production. materials are always delivered from plant B. so when we load a sales order we always enter B as plant as it is delivered from B.As some materials are manufactured in Plant A and they start manufacturing only when we recieve a sales order as it is make to order material.

1)material master settings for Plant B and Plant A have strategy group 22 in MRP3 screen.

2) MMR (Material master) for Plant B in MRP 2 is External procurement and special procurement key is stock trnasfer from Plant A to Plant B.

3) MMR for Plant A in MRP2 Screen is Inhouse Production (E) and MRP3 screen has strategy group 22.

Problem arises when we load a sales order it creates a production order in Plant B and production people in Plant B complain to reload in Plant A as that material is manufactured in Plant A.

And as i said before the delivering plant is always Plant B. so if we change the plant from B to A in sales order it is ok for Production cycle but in reality Plant B is delivering plant.

So gurus, am i missing any settings or need to check any thing in MTO configuration. How to avoid this problem as this happens always.

Also as suggested in this thread i have tried changing in MRP2 screen for special procurement as 80 (production in alternate plant) but still it did not solve problem.

Please if anyone have come across similar situation before advise me gurus and will be thankful to you.

Thanks in advance gurus,

Nathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

Can u please explain about demand order settings as suggested, are they sales order type or production order.

also gurus is it a must condition that for make to order materials delivering plant and manufacturing plant has to be same in sales order.

thanks in advance,

regards,

nathan.