Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securing Social Security Number in GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am new to SAP and how security is handled. We have a very basic requirement to be able hide/secure social security number. We have HCM implemented and currently the SSN is fully visible to all IT and business users. We would like to be able to either hide this field from all but a few users or mask it so it displays something like xxx-xx-1111. Does anyone have any ideas on how either of these options can be done without doing any custom development or purchasing external tools?

Thanks in advance.

Julie

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Julie,

What infotype are you using to store the SSN? If you restrict the access to that infotype to a group of users you should be allright.

Regards,

Chinmaya

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi julie,

I'm assuming that you are using infotype 0002 to store the SSN?

the way I usually do this, is through table T588M. this is the table where you can customize the infotype screen control.

in combination with a user parameter (we use UGR) you can define which types of user can see specific fields within an infotype.

[this link|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4f/d52608575e11d189270000e8322f96/frameset.htm|SAPhelp] should get you started.

good luck!

dimitri.

Edited by: Dimitri van Heumen on Feb 20, 2009 10:47 AM

0 Kudos

Dimitri,

Yes we are using infotype 002 to store SSN. We have used your response as a guideline and have been able to secure this information for certain users.

thanks,

Julie