cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in destination Storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

Can anyone tell me how to change the destination storage type while confirming the transfer order ?

Is it their any user exit which will allowed me to change the destination storage type ?

Thanx in advance for your help ,

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In configuration for the storage type, you can identify whether or not the bin is changeable during PUTAWAY only(not aspplicable for Picking). However, this only allows you to change the bin within the same storage type that SAP automatically determined - not across storage types.

If this is definately a requirement, consider the ABAP suggestion above. However, I would re-visit the definition of Storage Type & Storage section in your warehouse and determine if you really need different storage types in your case.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard system you can't change storage type during confirmation:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f846904afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

If you set the indicator for Destination bin change during confirmation for the desired storage type in Customizing for Warehouse Management under Logistics Execution ® Warehouse Management ® Master Data ® Define Storage Type, you will be able to *change the destination bin6 when confirming a transfer order if, for example, the destination bin proposed by the system is damaged.

WM user exits:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_di46c2/helpdata/EN/56/1939516e36d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

(Trough developments maybe you can realize it because in opportunitic cross-docking process standard system can change the storage type before confirmation.)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanx a lot for your prompt reply .

You are right , first we are trying to achieve it through standard configuration simultanelously our ABAPERs are also trying to do this through User exits but they are not getting proper results..

I will update all of you if i could able to get something from that and it would be great if u let me know more than this.

Thanx,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before confirming the TO, you can find the button on the application bar to re-assign the storage type and bin with t-code LT24.

Good luck

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tao,

Thanx for your prompt reply

But i won't able to find any button in the application bar to re-assign storage type for transaction LT24..

if you could able to elaborate more on this then it would be great help for me.

Thanx,

Manish