Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR 5.2 Error running background jobs, daemon idle time

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm configuring a 5.2 system that was installed over a year ago. The install was not complete, so I'm trying to finish it up.

I've got the background jobs running, checked my JCo's and ensured my admin users have appropriate auth's on front and backend, however when attempting a analysis I get the error below and no data. Any clues?

Thanks,

Curtis

INFO: Daemon idle time longer than RFC time out, terminating daemon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at Note # 1121978

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis,

How are you? Your name sounded very familiar. Yes, I was at Avnet and I remember talking with you.

The recommended settings for this parameter is 1441 but you can increase it to see if that makes this work.

Does the risk analysis job error out or continue to run after getting that error? I was getting this error at one client some time ago and the risk analysis used to finish successfully.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Curits,

Can you ask your Basis guys to increase the connection time out in the JCo? Can you also try to run risk analysis for just one user by going to informer -> Risk anlysis -> user analysis and see if this is working? If this works then schedule the background job just for user anaylsis (select full sync) and see if you get anything.

Regards,

Alpesh

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

I increased the time in the JCo connectors, can you recommend a setting for the performance tuning parameter?

RFC time out for Web Services / Background Job Worker Threads (Minutes)

The foreground user/role analysis does work so that narrows it down to some setting with the background job and connections.

Your profile shows you with PwC, didn't I talk with you while you were at SAP working with Janet, while I was working with Avnet and the Tivoli connector?

Curtis

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

I increased the time on the RFC setting in the performance tuning and in the JCo but it still returns the same error. Analysis or anything else run in the foreground work perfectly, could it be a setting or security on the ume adm user since it is connecting through that user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Curtis,

Have you followed all of the impelementation steps like uploading text objects, generating rules, synchronizing users and roles?

If you are configuring 5.2 now then it would be better for you to go with 5.3. 5.3 is far better than 5.2 and has lots of enhancements.

Regards,

Alpesh

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

I did, we had the normal daemon issues that we had to fix with the inserts to 105, 107 etc. The basis guys I have here are checking the RFC connections, although they look fine.

Curtis

Edited by: Curtis Fincher on Feb 19, 2009 8:08 PM