SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sponsored classes could not be determined; check grant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grants gurus,

I'm trying to create a budget document for a grant in T-CODE GM_CREATE_BUDGET, and the system issues the error "Sponsored classes could not be determined; check grant" message no. GRANTMGMT655.

Can anybody help me please??

Regards!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto

May be these can help you:

Is the grant in u201Cawardu201D status?

Are the dimensions updated in the grant?, in Grant master data - tab budget: Does the layout for the version allow to use the Class (Contain C)?

Or sometimes is due to the number range, check:

Maintain Number Range Interval for Budget Change Documents: number range 01, check documentation in IMG

Public Sector Management -> Grants Management -> Budgeting and Availability Control -> Budgeting -> Maintain Number Range Interval for Budget Change Documents

Regards

Cesar

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto

May be these can help you:

Is the grant in u201Cawardu201D status?

Are the dimensions updated in the grant?, in Grant master data - tab budget: Does the layout for the version allow to use the Class (Contain C)?

Or sometimes is due to the number range, check:

Maintain Number Range Interval for Budget Change Documents: number range 01, check documentation in IMG

Public Sector Management -> Grants Management -> Budgeting and Availability Control -> Budgeting -> Maintain Number Range Interval for Budget Change Documents

Regards

Cesar

0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question, I try your suggestions with no success. At the end we noticed that the error was caused because the fund assigned to the grant in the dimensions tab was an internal fund. We changed it for an external fund and the error was solved.

Now I have a different error when I try to budget a grant with proposal status, as follows:

The GM Line amount in line 000001 is not equal to the total amount in Fiscal year distribution

Message no. GRANTMGMT490

Diagnosis

The amount in GM Line in line 000001 is incorrect in comparison with Fiscal year distribution.

System Response

The system sets an error status value.

Procedure

Check the entries in the Grants Management (GM) area of the screen (upper half) and the FM fiscal year distribution (lower half) and correct the values so that they match. You can do this in one of the following ways:

u2022 Adjust the values in both areas manually so that they match.

u2022 Adjust the values in the FM fiscal year distribution, then press Adjust from FM to GM. If you adjust the values in this part of the screen and then try to save without pressing this button, the message appears again.

With an awarded grant that error not appears. Have you any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

PD. up the Irons!

0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

In the proposal scenario you have to use a budget document type "Unrelease" and in the time splitting rules assign to the splitting rules elements for the budget fase "Plan grant proposal" the budget status "Unrelease".

The system checks the validation implemented in BAdI GM_BDGT_VALIDATIONS (when value type is "R1") and due to the fact that in the proposal status there is no transfer to FM, is not posible to updated the the FM distribution lines so the error is raised.

Check notes:

869881 BAdI to allow customer validation in budgeting

1004192 In some scenario header, GM and FM lines are not consistent

Regards

PD. I support you: Up the Irons !

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Cesar,

I probe your suggestion and it seems than works,

Best regards

paul_abrahamson_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We found that if we did not tick 'Cost Sharing' on the Dimensions Tab in the Grant Master record for the 'Internal' Fund, we got this error when trying to raise a budget document for Internal Award. So that could also be a cause for this error message.