cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with deploying App using Xerces-Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've got a problem with deploying a EJB for validation-mechanism for XML-schemata as the SDM returns the following Error-Message:

Caused by: javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl not found

Previous to this I created a library project containing xercesImpl.jar, which includes above mentioned class, and deployed it successfully to the J2EE engine.

I also made a reference type hard to the project in the application-j2ee-engine.xml.

Im a missing something?

Any help or hint is more than appreciated!

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

angel_dichev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Take a look to the VAdmin -> Class loading service and check whether the reference is correct (application -> lib)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

SAP does not allow usage of any other XMl parsers with SAP web AS.

please have a look at this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/36/ef353e39011a38e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

"Setting system properties in a system that supports more than one parser is prohibited".

The Error which you are getting is because in the xerces impl xerces changes the java.system properties of the jdk as xml parsers is part of JDK1.4 . These system properties are explictly set by the SAP xml implementation which it does not allow you to change .

Hope this helps.

regards

rajesh kr