Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different UoM throughout the delivery process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 quesitons:

1. what is the necessary config and master data setup in order to have a Sales order item in for example 10 EA, but to have the delivery item (for the same sales order item) in Boxes. In this case 10 EA -> 1 BOX. So when I create the delivery for my sales order item, I want it to be in Boxes instead of EA. Is this achievable without user exits?

2. What if I have a Sales order item in EA, the delivery item in EA, but I want the Transfer order for the picking in WM to be in Boxes? What master data settings is necessary in the material master? How is the Unit of issue field and WM Unit field used and what are their purpose?

Thanks,

Lars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain the UOM conversion in the material master -> addtional data button -> Unit of measure.

Here maintain the conversion for EA -> 1BOX

1) By this way the user can enter the quantity in Boxes itself in the sales order itself. When delivery is created, the same UOM will be copied. However, if the user enters the UOM in EA in sales order then the system wont convert automatically to BOX in delivery document. This means the user must overwrite the UOM to BOX in delivery document. If you want to do automatic conversion, in my opinion, then user exit needs to be used.

2) When the sales order and delivery carries EA as UOM, the transfer order can use BOX as UOM. To acheive this you can use this field Unit of issue in the material master WM1 tab.

The meanig for the field WM unit is if one wants to use different UOM from Base UOM for the warehouse this can be used (for picking and putaway). However, during inventory management the system converts this UOM to Base UOM.

The field Unit of Issue denotes, the warehouse will always issue in the UOM that is maintained in this field.

I have not done any testing with this scenario, but in our scenario only one customer wants in different UOM measure, hence we asked our user to enter the customer expected UOM in sales order itself.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiva,

Thanks for your reply.

I have done some testing, and regardless of what I put in the "Unit of issue" field in the WM1 tab, it still uses the quantities in the sales order and delivery. So I do not really understand the purpose of the "Unit of issue field", to be honest.

I give you 2 points for good information!

Regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

I have now done the following settings:

Material master WM1 view:

Base unit of measure: EA

WM Unit: BX (1 BX=100EA)

Proposed UoM from mateiral master record: M (WM unit of measure also for other UoM in reference doc.)

What happens now is that the picking transfer order is created in Boxes even though delivery is in EA.

But:

What if I have a situation where the roundings does not match up, let us say I have a situation of a delivery of 225 EA. In this case the transfer order to create one item of 2 Boxes (2BX=200EA) and one with 25 EA...how is this possible? What settings do I need in IMG and/or material master?

Regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

I'm facing the same problem but somehow your solution is not working properly with me.

Are you sure that's the only thing you have to change?

Best regards,

André Costa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

For your first question there is no need to use Userexits....

In Material Master Record goto Sales,Sales Organization 1 View,in the bottom you can maintain Delivery Unit.Where you can maintain how the item is to measured in Delivery Document,and you can maintain Conversion Factor also.Like 10 EA equals to 1 BOX,

Regards,

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, but we have this field defined for 1 Box, and the alternative unit of measure is defined as 1 box=10 Eaches.

But this field does not make the Delivery to be in Boxes if the Sales order is in EA. It just issues a warning message if you are trying to create a Sales order item which is not rounded up to Boxes.

regards,

Lars