cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBD: A runtime exception in Universe Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam getting this error "DBD: A runtime exception has occured(Error getting list of cubes for catalog $INFOCUBE: unknown error)" while i try to access infocubes to create the universe in Universe Designer. Please help me. We are using BO XI R3.1 and BI7.0.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue on one of our server and the problem is coming form a multiple info provider that is invalid. So an error message is generated and then no info provider is accessible.

This is something that we have met on BI 7.0 we didn't have on BW 3.x

To be sure that the issue is related to a similar issue I suggest that you can use MDXSample.exe (provided by Microsoft) to see if you are able to view the list of infocubes

This is a Visual Basic application that you can download here: [MDX Sample|http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7824ba50-3e29-45cf-8c02-5597c014a707&displaylang=en]

You need Microsoft Visual Studio 6 to compile it and run it.

To use it with Microsoft the provider is "MSOLAP". To use it with SAP the provider is "MDRMSAP".

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier,

Thank you for the response. Can you elaborate on how to use this sample application and how I can connect to SAP BI 7 infocubes ($INFOCUBE) using this sample application.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Didier,I am able to see all the cubes in VB Sample application given by you. I think the BI 7 is ok, there is a problem at Business Objects Server side. I also applied all the latest fix packs for the integration for SAP. Still I am not able to get the list of INFOCUBES in $INFOCUBE Folder in the Universe Designer

Appreciate your early response.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to activate the infocubes in RSA1. Go to RSA1 and go to BI Content and install all the infocubes. Unless, you wont install the infocubes you wont get a list of cubes under $INFOCUBE in BO Designer.

Sudheer.

Answers (0)