Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EURO sign not displayed correctly after unicode migration

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All,

Don't know where exactly to post this, in BI forum or Netweaver Platform.

But here is my question:

We have migrated our SAP BW 3.5 (NW04, SP20) system from codepage 1100 (using general fallback codepage 1160) to unicode UTF-8. After the conversion graphic reports (using internet explorer) do not show the euro sign correctly in the unicode system. In stead of the euro sign a # is shown in the internet explorer window. When looking at the source of the same web page however the euro sign is showed correctly.

When looking at the encoding of the web page it is mentioned that utf-8 is used...

Any ideas...?

Thanks,

Regards, Bart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue seemed to be solved after implementation of note 868700. Although the note mentions to only implement the correction when the problem occurs with mixed-language texts with different code pages (with is not the case in our situation) implementing the correction for the RENDER_DATA method solved the issue.

Regards,

Bart.

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

The IGS is started correctly and the non-unicode systems that use this IGS do not have any problems.

I have decided to create an OSS message for this issue.

If I have any solution I will post it in this thread.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

When looking at the the View menu -> encoding it mentions that it recongnizes UTF-8. In addition, only the graphic gives problems. In the tables the euro sign is shown normally. I have tested both IE and firefox. Thus I don't think that the browser is the problem.

Could it be that for the BW graphics (from th BW CSS stylesheet/webtemplate) a font is being used that doesn't support Unicode?

Regards,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your IGS service started? I am not 100% sure this will help you but worth trying if it is down.

Thanks,

Manoj

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

It is with displaying of graphical data that the error occurs. Text data (tables) on the same web page are shown normally, with the correct euro sign.

When I look at the source of the web page it looks that for the graphic a java script is being called:

/sap/bw/Mime/BEx/JavaScript/JSBW_C_Std.js

Withing the coding I see the euro sign normally, however in the graphical display this is converted to #.

I have run the suggested query. The database nls_characterset is set to UTF8.

Thanks,

Regards,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check your browser settings?

Thanks,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it while typing or displaying the exisiting data? Check the output of SELECT * FROM V$NLS_PARAMETERS at oracle level.

Hope this helps.

Manoj