Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide field "Template Type" when creating a new project

ArtiBhat
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can we hide the field Template type when creating new Project?

is there any customizing to do same?

Regards,

Arti.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arti,

You can launch the cProjects application in Administration mode, and set this field propery to "invisible" (right click on the field, then current configuration settings).

Administration url: http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/cprojects?SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X

Matthias

ArtiBhat
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

This is the solution but there is one drawback also: if user opens the Application with his own configuration then he will see the field "template type" which we don't want. Is it possible through customization.

Thanks,

Arti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arti,

There is a BAdI in cProjects customizing under Collaboration Projects>Structure>BAdI: Hide Tab Pages. Though its used to hide tab pages at the detail level of the project structure or resources, according to the object type or user, you can explore more with that BAdI or related development.

Second possible solution is changing in BSP, if it can make the existing field hide.

These are just the suggestions, I am not sure whether it will help out to solve or not. Please revert if any of it solves the query.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

Award points only if you find the information useful.

ArtiBhat
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Nishit,

Thanks for the reply. The solution you have suggested needs the BADI implementation also.

I will create the BADI implementation but then I need Implementing class. Do you have any clues about that.

Thanks in advance.

Arti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arti,

This BADI allows to hide tabs in the project view.

You canhot hide fields with it, so I don't think it will be usefull for you.

Matthias

ArtiBhat
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I have another requirement of hiding tab "Availability" that comes under Resources->Click "Resource search" button - > tabstrip will open with Availbaility as one of the Tabs.

I think it can help me.

Thanks,

Art.

thomas_berndt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arti,

if I remember correctly, the personalisation made with SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X affects all users and can only be undone with the same mode. But in order to take effect the "final" flag needs to be set as well. So, if set the "Template Type" should be gone for good and for all users.

Best regards,

Thomas

Edited by: Thomas Berndt on Feb 24, 2009 3:00 PM