cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relation between Batch,ProductionOrder and BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one explain me the relationship between batch,production order and bill of material.

Lets say I have a finished product A.This product is made up of materials material1,material2 and

material3.I have to manufacture 100 A products at a time.

Taking this as the scenario can any one please explain me Batch,production order and bill of material.

Thanks & Regards,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir

A simple explanation will be

1) If you have finished product A.

The Bill of material will be defined as the composition of material required for creating the basic quantity of Product A

Example can for making 10 products of A, you will require, 20 nos of material 1, 10 Nos of material 2 and suppose 30 nos of material 3

SO material 1,2, 3 becomes the bill of material of Product A. Bill of material (BOM) is basicaly a parent child relation maintained on the basis of quantity

2) Production order is an information which consists of how many product A has to be made. When the order has to be executed and when to completed. Prodcution order consists what is the BOM to be used, routing to be chosen on which work center this is to be made etc. Production order also collects all the costs related to activities, raw material, reword etc

3) Batch is concept in SAP which will help you in tracing back the results as well as all other informations. Mainly used in pharma industry, Products made in order might bear a batch number which will be unique and will be having it relevance throughout its life

Regards

gajesh

Lets say I have a finished product A.This product is made up of materials material1,material2 and

material3.I have to manufacture 100 A products at a time.

Taking this as the scenario can any one please explain me Batch,production order and bill of material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to Produce product A - 100 NOS finished goods you use

Material1,material2, ..... etc. as BOM

this 100 nos will have certain Batch numbers to track the usage of the product.