cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CV04n - Restricting User to view result based on Authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

When a User uses cv04n and makes no entries, all DIR are shown irrespective whether the User has got Authorizations to view it or not.

Though he cannot get into the DIR and see the it, the User would be able to see Document Description , Status etc..

The requirement is even if the User gives no input in cv04n, the results screen should only display the DIR's for which he got authorizations..

So after giving execute (F8) in cv04n, the system should check whether he has got Authorizations for Doc type & DIR and then the results window should only display those DIRs//...

Is this possible with development?? Any BADIs?? If anyone has tried it , please give the details...

Regards

Aby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aby Thomas

Yes this is possible by Doing a developement by Following Steps.

Step No .1

Bloch Authorization to Access the Transaction CV04N to All Users.

Step No .2

Develope a report without any Search field.The report program will fetch inforamtion from his authorization profile that he is authorized to display , change , create to which document type.

So give Authorization to execute this report to all users.

So whenever a user runs a report he will get the diaplay of those documents for which he is authorized to create , change and display.

If anwer is Usefull Please grant me the points.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh

Thanks for the suggestion.. But I wanted the user to use a similar kind of t-code like cv04n where he can search documents based on various parameters like Object links, Class and CHARS etc..

The only requirement is when he press F8, the resutling window should not show him the Doc. types/statuses which he is not authorised for..

Regards

Aby

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Aby

You can use various Authorization objects which are assigned to a user in his Profile.

Following link provides information about Standard Authorization Object for SAP DMS.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/1c31a243c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

You can use these object reference as parameters for report.So when User press F8 of Z transaction

he will see the Documents for which he is authorized to.

Offcourse You can put the selection fields which are not part of Authorization Objects while developing UI for Parameters selection.

With warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mangesh,

I have same kind of issue but with different error. Could you plz reply to my thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3360070

I am waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks

Pravink

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

This may possible with Development!

The CV04n is meant for finding document here without any entries you can view all entries in detail this is like ocean. You can restrict this by filling selection criteria(like authorization, user etc).So my suggestion is not to give any restriction because the CV04n is meant for to view or to browse DIR eassily.

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions????

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.