Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Greetings.

We are successfully running Credit management in our Client's place. Today, for a couple of customers at one Location, there was no Credit check. Though the Customer had some Debit balance, system allowed the end user to create Sales Order, Delivery doc., and Billing without any Warning / Error message. Kindly remember Credit Management is already running for some time now at their place.

Now for one customer we tried to raise another sales cycle to just check and it was blocking as usual !!

Now they have raised an issue expecting an Audit objection. I have checked and everything is OK. What else can I do to find out why this happened and what can I do to stop this from happening in future.

Your early help is very much desired.

Thanks and regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Pl. chek your Item Category in VOV7, whether the Credit Active Box is marked or not. If not marked, then mark the same and save. It will resolve your issue.

Regards

AA

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing thread since no more inputs. Issue pending as I could not find the reason. If anyone wants to add anything, you are welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the payment history.

May be customer might have paid some money during that period and with the help of this you customer might have just fallen below the credit limit assigned to that customer.Hence system might have allowed the user to go ahead.

When you are trying now.. with the present docs value .. the credit limit be exceeding hence the system gives the error..

Please check the payments from the customer also..

Thanks,

Ashok S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

In this case, those customers may have credit entries(in the form of advance etc.,) against there accounts, so system will compare their credit and debit entries and if the credit entry is more the system will allow to create sale order though they have debit entries.

Sreek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

something is differing from normal customers, or else this inconsistency will not happen. try again for this customers if system blocking or not. if so check thoroughly this customer checkings like this customer is included in FD32 groups or not, check XD02 for this customer whether credit control areas was given or not.You might have done something different for these customers. please check and revert back immedtly.

regards,

sadanandam kasarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I said, these are running accounts and Credit check was happening normally for these 2 customers from long time. NOW it has not happened for this ONE TIME. When I tested by doing one more cycle it was giving a pop up normally.

Now my question is why did the system allow to do SO, DO and Billing when there was a Debit balance and how to ensure this type of hiccups dont happen in the future ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the Master Data frist.

Risk Category maintained in FD32 (if some one changed this during that period)

Check the Sales Document type used to perform th transaction. (ex. u r supposed to use ZOR, but by mistake this transaction is created using OR order type) It means user error.

Outof these 2, one should defently work. There cannot be any customization issue, as it is working fine for others.

Just concentrate on the master data and transaction errors. You can easily identify the error.

Regards

Krishnam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to tcode FD32, go to 'Status' view and check on the risk category under internal data section, please maintain value as '001'. That will solve your problem.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now during this extended week-end my Core user sent mails saying this happened to 2 more Locations, all in the regions and not at the Head Office. What might be wrong?

Since we set the system to do Credit check at Delivery saving time and at PGI time, with Rs.1 as Credit Limit, we expect all the Deliveries to be blocked (if the customer has not payed all the amount in advance) and the only way to release them is to do VKM5.

So, is there any way to check if end user has done VKM5 for releasing Delivery documents that have been Credit blocked? I mean a T Code where I can see if a particular Delivery doc has already been released from Credit block?

Thanks as always.

P.S.: After checking I found the Item category assignments are OK, Credit is Active in VOV7 and Transactional data is also OK (like Sales Order Type, etc.).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat

Try analysing the document by executing check_cm in se38. You may get some clue.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was very informative, but since the transaction has been completed I am not having any open document values for Info structure to be updated (except ofcourse Open Items, which is not dealt in this report).

Kindly remember this transaction has been completed, where my problem is the Credit check did not seems to have been carried out and I am trying to do a Postmortem job to find out why the mandatory Credit check did not take place, which should have blocked this transaction at Delivery level itself.

In the normal procedure, all Delivery documents will be saved and will get a Delivery Credit Block and they will be released by our Core user, who has raised the issue saying the end user was able to complete the entire cycle with out going through him to release the Credit block and ofcourse the end user does not have authorization to release a Credit block.

So what else can I do now??

Regards

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

First of all Just check in the assignment sales area to credit control area has been done or not.

Maintain a credit control area in CMR for those 2 customers and then check wheather it is working or not

Regards

Srinath