Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable table (to give inputs) and OVS in VC 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Greetings.

My requirement is to create a table with three columns (editable table) to get multiple records from the user....and to provide F4 help for each row....when the user selects F4 action button a pop-up window should come with all the possible values...on selecting a row....the value should get appended to the main table.

I need clarification on

1. How to make a table full editable

2. How to populate values in a table (in the pop-up)

3. Shall I go for OVS...if Yes...kindly share Ur knowledge on using OVS in VC.

Thanks and regards

Sathya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

A. First, make sure your table has fields and not only columns, for that right click the table and choose Define Data in the context menu. Second, to be able to edit a record you have to add one. Simply add a button to the table with add row system action.

B. Drag a line from the table in port and choose Start Point from the context menu. In the define data popup of the start point (make sure all the fields appear here too) you have an Initialize Data button. Use the Initialize Data popup to insert your hard coded records.

Hope this helps,

Shay

sathyags
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey.... Tanq... I got it

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

Here are the answers:

1. How to make a table full editable

-> Table is always fully editable, you can uncheck it by clicking on it then -> configure -> Editable -> uncheck, then in this case it is read only,

2. How to populate values in a table (in the pop-up)

-> Depends on how you have created your pop-up if it is a form or a reusable model. Let me know what you plan to use.

3. Shall I go for OVS...if Yes...kindly share Ur knowledge on using OVS in VC.

-> With VC you cannot have OVS. What you could instead do is place the help button on the table toolbar and then open the pop-up help window for the selected row.... or the help as column button "?" for each row.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Dharmi

sathyags
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dharmi,

Thanks a lot for your explanation.

1. Editable property of the table is checked...even then I'm unable to fill in anything....its grayed out.

2. If I want to hard code and store few records in a table...how to do that....when I deploy my model for the first time...I want to display few records in my table.

Thanks and regards,

Sathya