Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of material type in MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have material group ZROH for MM ,under which many material types are there to be assigned to the user.like ZROH there are many material group each needs to be assigned to different users. i want is there any way of using authorization group to assign different material types and restrict.

Can somebody help.

I am using tcodes me21n,me22nand migo

Regards,

Robert

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

restriction of authorization based on material types (using authorization group field on the Basic data1 tab of teh material master) or or material groups (customizing) can be done for master data maintenance using authorization objects:

M_MATE_MAR Material Master: Material Types

M_MATE_WGR Material Master: Material Groups

But these cannot be used for transactions like create PO, goods receipt like you have mentioned.

You can also use the auth group field for restricting changes to batch using object:

M_MATE_CHG Material Master: Batches/Trading Units

Regards,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

You can configure material type auth groups via OMS2, you can use this in combination with M_MATE_MAR

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Not possible with these objects to restrict the authorization to create a purchase order or to do a goods receipt based on material types.

This object can only be used to restrict master data manitenance.

regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

Hi Subbu, I missed the part with those tx!

It is possible to restrict in this way in ME21N (not tried for MIGO) but it does require use of an enhancement point, personally I think is a bit of overkill.....

0 Kudos

Dear,

Alex.

Can you please provide me the solution for this as i to i am having the same issue for one of my SAP customer they want to restrict the material type same issue

please can you reply me with the solution.

Regards

Naveed ahmed