cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing webdynpro methods in java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to access methods in webdynpro DC - interface controller in java project DC.

I created a webdynpro DC, created a public part of the wdComponent. Also created one java project DC and added the public part craeted as an used DC in this.

Is it possible to access WD classes in this java project?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Mehul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

I think you might find the thread "How to use "Used DCs?" started by Lev Kulaev, useful...Please check it out. Its in this forum.

Thanks & Regards,

Meenakshi

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ayyapparaj KV has given the answer ,I just want to add some point for your clarification

• Since During build time of a DC most of code is default generated for us, at this point of time some important metadata relationship is established between self developed controller class (Component,Custom,Window,View) and Internal Controller class(All Start with Internal<abc>.java) ,Which is directly access by Webdynpro Run time .So Webdynpro classes are not simple java class in which we define Signature by our own but done by Framework itself.

• We have some area where we can define our own coding example Inner Class,private method and member

//@@begin others

//@@end

But here all the coding is ignore by Framework it means it is very Private to that controller and not available for others controllers.

• Additionally, If we want to use other Java classes in our DC and want to access their methods and member we have to exposed it as public file and then define the uses relationship ,then thing will be visual to us.

I hope it helps you

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally the reverse is done java--->Webdynpro. Why is it needed to access Webdynpro from java?

Is't that the business logic is in Webdynpo?

Regards

Ayyapparaj