cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JVM in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on an engagement using PI 7.0 as the development instance. I deployed JVM 1.4.2 in my laptop to access the IB tools and this is going good so far.

But some weeks ago, i was told to install the PI 7.1 in other machine in order to become familiar with it and move all the interfaces from one PI to the other. I have seen that the new PI uses SAP JVM instead of the Sun one. I need not only to work with the new 7.1 tools (ESR, ..) but also with the 7.0 ones but dont know if i can achieve this using just one JVM.

My questions are:

1) may i have to uninstall my current JDK (1.4.2) and install the new SAP JVM (1.5)? (i think so)

2) is there any inconvenience of using SAP JVM with PI 7.0?

Hope you guys may help me on this...

Thanks in advance and best regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Uninstalling is not required. You may change the java webstart properties to use 1.5 version.

2) PI 7.0 best runs on 1.4.xx

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your input,

BTW, where can i find a link to download the 1.5? Maybe from Sun site?

And how i have to set the Java web start to support two JDKs? Just navigating to File->Preferences->Java and adding the new installed runtime environment ?

Best regards,

david

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you will find it in sun.com download section.find below link

http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp.

Regards,

Raj

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW, where can i find a link to download the 1.5?

Link can be found on sdn with a simple search :). More easier would be google search.

Just navigating to File->Preferences->Java and adding the new installed runtime environment ?

There is no need to add manually. Usually when you install JDK, an entry gets created automatically in webstart.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

to run PI 7.1 it requires jre 1.5 version,install JDK 1.5 your problem will resolve and uninsatll olderversion 1.4.

pi7.0 runs on 1.4.

Regards,

Raj