cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEB DMS error while changing the original file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

we have a senario where the vendors will be using the Web dms Link to open a particular Document of a particular document type.

after opening the original file he makes some changes in the original file and saves the file back to the DIR,

but it does not seem to work for us.

as when i try to change the original of the DIR and try to save the same, the changes are not saved in the DIR,

and also when the file is checked out by me and make the changes, and again when i try to save the file in the DIR it gives an ERROR message

STATUS CAN ONLY BE SET WHEN ALL ORIGINALS ARE CHECKED IN,

but the originals are indicating the locked closed indicator (ie checked in already)

i could not understand how to get rid of this error and save the changes made in original back to DIR.

any help with working with WEB DMS is highly appriciated and rewarded

Thanks and regards

Priya

Edited by: Priya S on Feb 19, 2009 11:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The workaround is to right click the appl and save the file locally. And then delete the file in the DIR record. Once the the file is deleted. Click on create to attach the new modified file and then save the record. The DIR gets modified with new record.

This will give the same result.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Reply,

But the solution is little bit lenghty and risky as they want to do the changes in the document online and save the changes to the DIR, so no changing of original is possible through WEB DMS ? please suggest a way to do the changes as we do in normal CV02N,

what if the documents are deleated and they have not checked in the changed original.

can we have this solution worked out,

the person who logs in to the WEB DMS, must not be able to deleate the original. but he can download this document and make the suitable changes and Save back the original to the DIR,

also the person who searches the Document in WEB DMS must find only those documents which are meant for him,

like can we restict the Document display at the top level, please note, he should not be able to view any document types or description of doucument other than what is meant for him. iam not spaeking of opening the original but also the display of Document type list with description.

thanks and regards.

Priya

Edited by: Priya S on Feb 19, 2009 4:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya,

How are you using the WEB DMS, is it through the portal. If not are you opening your firewall to the outside vendors? Or is it through the VPN? If on portal you could do a redlining with third party software and then save the changes to the original with out having it deleted. Again I tried the same scenario here in my system and I could very well copy the original file and mofigy it and then check it in as a modified copy in my DIR.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you click on edit button, Web DMS requires to download the file and then you can carryout the changes and upload the file. Online change like CV02N is not possible.

"also the person who searches the Document in WEB DMS must find only those documents which are meant for him "

- this is tricky as since this require auth. at document level. You may use ACL to control this.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

what are the different additional features of this ACL and how to activate it, does it interfear in our normal SAP authorization, at what cases people go for ACLs please explain.

is this ACL given through SAP authorization PFCG ?, i came to know that ACL should be activated only if we are going for C-folders or C-projects which we may not.

as per our requirement, the least we are trying to do is,

the User logging from WEB DMS must not be able to delete the files in WEB DMS, he will save a copy and save the copy again as an 2nd file in the DIR, (the previous file already remaining there)

How to make this possible, as if we give Lock status for DIR, he can view and save the original, but he cannot upload any new file.

please suggest how can this be done will ACL do the need full for this?

Thanks and regards,

Priya.

Edited by: Priya S on Mar 1, 2009 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

Did you try using the authorization object C-DRAW-TCD through which we can control the way in which user accesses the documents?

Also if you want to create/ maintain authorizations at document level then you can do it using the authorizations tab in CV01n transaction. Try giving the user only create access.

Regards

Prasad

Answers (0)