cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP - how to trigger a separete Mit. Con. WF within a provisioning WF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm using the standard 3-stage WF for provisioning. At the last stage, the security stage, a risk analysis is mandatory. Now, in case of risk detection, the security user is able to create a mitigation control and assign it without further approval. What do I have to configure that a separate mitigation control WF is triggered?

Kind Regards,

Vit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vit,

if your question is to trigger another WF within CUP then follow as under :

First create a Path for Mitigation Control, having a stage for Mitigation Control .

For your current path at security stage , setup a detour( the condition for detour is

SOD Violation = YES ) then it should take your Mitigation Control WF once there are violation during risk analysis . The approver at Mitigation Control stage would get the request and he can act as he wants .

I hope this helps .

regards

Jasmine

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The integration guide in the Wiki has the details for those procedures:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BPX/Governance%2CRisk%2CandCompliance%28GRC%29How-ToGuides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasmine,

I've configured RAR-CUP integration, and it works well for requests triggerd in RAR.

Now I have set up two separate stages, one with workflow type mitigation control, the second one as mitigation object. The approvers are custom.

Stage 1 MITRL_CUP2

Workflow type: Mitigation Control

Approver Determinator: RAR_MITCTRL_CAD (custom)

Detour path: MITICTRL_CUP2

Workflow type: Mitigation Control

Initiator: none

Active: Checked

Detour: Checked

1-stage: MITRL_CUP2 Approver: RAR_MITCTRL_CAD

In Stage Detour, when creating a detour I can only select three workflow types: Access Enforcer, UAR and SOD Review. Shouldnt I be able to select the three RAR workflow types (Mitictrl/obj/risk)?

I've tried to reupload the xml files. The problem remains. I'm on 5.3 SP04.

Kind Regards,

Vit

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vit,

you need to chose the AE Detour.

MItCtrl and MitObj will be triggered through RAR, if required, i.e. if you chose to create a Control in the detour, an additional workflow to approve the control might be triggered from RAR (if configured).

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Problem solved after upgrade to SP06.

Everything works just fine now.

Kind Regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vit,

Were you able to trigger requests from CUP itself when the mitigation controls are assigned? From RAR it is possible to trigger a request by using Mitigation Control Assignment type workflow. But I would like to know if it can be done from CUP? As per your last answer you were able to do that. Please let me know how you did it.

Thanks

R R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vit,

You will have to configure workflow for WFTYPE 'MITICTRL' and 'MITIOBJ' in CUP. Configure RAR for CUP workflow integration. Go to RAR -> configuration -> workflow -> Change Mitigating control maintenace and mitigation to 'Yes' and provide webservice URI for submit request.

Now, go back to CUP and configure CUP for both mitigating control and mitigation object.

Regards,

Alpesh