SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter Reading without billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

_Scenario_

Move In - December

Meter Reading Results are entered for January and February. But, I dont want billing to happen for Jan and Feb. First Billing should happen only for month of March.

When Meter Reading Reason is given as 09 - (Meter Reading without billing) for Jan & Feb, as expected, billing documents are not created. But, when a periodic meter reading is taken for March, the previous two months consumption is also getting added to the March months billing document and it is getting posted as three different line items.

How to avoid accounting of Jan and Feb month meter reading? In March, when I run billing for March, only March month consumption must be taken into account.

Pls provide your valuable suggestion

Helpful answer will be awarded

Thanks

Vijay

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I guess your scenario is something related to historical meter reads. Correct me if am wrong.

If this is the case, you can create operands on the installation and enter the meter readings as installation facts so that it wont be billed for.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Binno Don Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Binno,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, I can put the Jan and Feb month meter reading in Installation Facts. But, When Meter Reading entries are made for march, from where will the system fetch the previous month's reading? Since Move in is made in December, will it calculate consumption based on that as previous meter reading?

Waiting for your reply

Vijay Prakash

Edited by: Vijay Prakash.J on Feb 20, 2009 6:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If I got this correctly...

You need to invoice 2 billing periods after move in (Invoice the 3rd billing period using the 3rd period consumption) and after this bill periodically.

You can take a look at the Variant program listed below and check if this suits your need.

Create a new rate to check for the move-in period starting with Variant program -IF09.

Infact08 Op_Count (Use this operand as a counter for the No. of times billing is done)

If op_count<3 Create a rate step in which the 'posting' tick is removed

else end this rate and create a regular rate which will be used for regular billing.

You will need to update the counter accordingly.

You can use different line item type to distinguish the 2 rate in the Billing doc.

The above method will create billing doc but no finance postings will be made.

In case you need add the quantity of Jan and feb pl use Infact06 & Quanti18

Edited by: John A on Feb 22, 2009 6:40 AM

0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestion. Will try this and keep you updated.

Thanks

Vijay

former_member279310
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this way:

1. EL01, create MR order with MR reason 02 (Interim MR order with billing order), at the end of Feb.

2. EL28, input MR result

3. EL01, Create periodic MR order with MR reason 01

4. EL28, Input MR result.

5. EA00. Only bill the second billing order.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suspect there might be a very simple answer to this question - if you use MR reason '10' instead of MR reason '09', the separate billing line items are not created.

Try and see if this works

And do let us all know!

Rgds